Boss says we need 15 drones for work- told me to pick them out and order them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Happened yesterday.

"We need 15 drones." Need to be used several times each week about 10 flights per week. Said it is ok to spend at least $2k to $5k per kit. Are there any USA made ones in that price range?

Help me spend my bosses money.........He wants it all to fit in a hard case to toss in the truck or backseat

I don't have a clue but learn fast.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Help me spend my bosses money...……

Maybe you can get by with just one drone.

blackbirdsr71_1.jpg

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The price range might be tough for non-chinese drones, but I understand about the EO.

Autel is an American company, but I think all of their drones are made in China, so I am not sure how that would work.

Terraview is an american company but I bet their stuff is way over what your budget is. I can't find any pricing on them.

And as someone mentioned about the FAA Part 107 license, I think they might be on hold right now to take the test (I could be mistaken on this). It is a pretty involved learning curve on the test if you are new to this and flying. The information for this test is close to getting your pilots license.

ron

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    What are you using them for? You don't need a big expensive drone just for some site surveillance. But if you need to mount a high-def camera with a gimble or carry weight then you need to go up size wise. Also, depends on how long they need to fly for (batteries are heavy...bigger battery = more flight time but also bigger drone)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I visit Ag Talk site a lot. They have a section just for drones. Farmer use of course. Really haven't read that section as they don't interest me. But thought I would offer its address to you, https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=17 just so you could look it over and see if there is any information pertinent to your situation. Sure there are all levels of experienced operators on there. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom