• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Has anyone here used Servpro for any restoration projects?
    Know anyone who has?
    I'm looking for honest reviews about this company.
    I know most are franchises, but generic reviews about the company as a whole are welcome.

Were they,
    Prompt? (on time)
    Fairly priced?
    Honest?

Did they finish the job in a timely manner?
    Any other comments?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We had a water heater leak in our basement 5 years ago or so and we called them out to help. They were fine. I’d use them again.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm pretty sure my buddy owns (the franchise) Servpro on the West side of Indy. I've never used them but I'd trust him to do good work.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Servpros are franchises. Each one is owned individually and the level of quality varies A LOT (ETA: I know you know this part already ;) ). Look for review online (Yelp, Better Business Bureau) because there are some horror stories out there.

Some suggestions, in no particular order (you have probably thought of these already, but just in case):

1. keep a log that documents every time you have contact with them
    --date, time, who you spoke with, what they told you, what their job title is
    --who comes over and what they did

2. don't sign a contract immediately

3. READ what you decide to sign, you would be surprised how many people don't
    -my understanding is that just because they say they're not responsible for something in a contract doesn't mean they don't have responsibility for that, if they make a significant error and try to hide behind the contract, consult an attorney [this is not legal advice :)]

4. document everything with pictures and include a description with the picture before the work starts, during the work, and after the work
    --include things that are not damaged in case they damage it and try to deny responsibility

5. if they promise the world, or don't answer questions directly, and instead of a answer say "don't worry about it", get rid of them

6. if they keep repeating "we're here to help" instead of taking action or giving a simple direct answer, find a new company

Servpro was listed as a preferred vendor for one of the big insurance companies but was removed from that list. It takes a lot to be removed from a preferred vendor list. :crying:

I deal with these companies a lot in my job. I actually called the water mitigation department of that insurance company to make sure what I was typing was correct. I hate seeing people taken advantage of.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The wife's dad and uncle own the servers in Chicago. Its a very corporate company. They'll do a great job, just ask questions and don't get upsold

Top Bottom