• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    2 teens, 2 children killed in Wayne County crash

This article doesn't mention it, but apparently this guy has had several drug convictions in the past 4 years, including possession of heroin. (Just saw the story on WTHR) How would he still have a CDL after that? I would have though that would result in immediate suspension or loss of the CDL.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...rash/531-48ef87d9-bfba-4e47-8e97-dae2a14168fe

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    2 teens, 2 children killed in Wayne County crash

This article doesn't mention it, but apparently this guy has had several drug convictions in the past 4 years, including possession of heroin. (Just saw the story on WTHR) How would he still have a CDL after that? I would have though that would result in immediate suspension or loss of the CDL.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...rash/531-48ef87d9-bfba-4e47-8e97-dae2a14168fe

Yes...but why are the drug convictions "apparent"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not a trucker, but do have a CDL. My guess would be none of the conviction were while operating a motor vehicle

That's kind of what I was getting at. I didn't know if it mattered if it was while driving or not. I did think that the rules are more strict for CDL holders than for the general public, but wasn't sure if it extended to offenses incurred while not driving.

Top Bottom