• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When these spoiled multimillionaire players and owners kept their political beliefs off the playing fields and courts, I was ok. We are free Americans after all. Now that there are going to be two national anthems, players demonstrating against the national anthem and Old Glory and wearing political statements on gear, me and mine are so over them. We used to enjoy watching pro sports and actually have been to some live games, but no more. The pro participants have total control of their venues to protest. Most, if not all of the venues were paid for, at least in part, by taxpayers, yet taxpayers and fans have no voice. Good luck NFL and NBA, I'm outta here.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    NASCAR lost me a few years ago with all the rule changes and stages, NFL has been turned into less of a sporting event and more and more a venue to express opinions. I don't even bother with other pro sports. (College sports still, for now, have my support) The only sports I watch any more are the Rugby finals when they make main stream channels I have in my cheap cable TV package.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I stopped watching all sports except women's curling. Very enjoyable to watch, and surprisingly has bits of excitement from time to time.

Rubix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2020
    Harlan
    I grew up playing basketball, football, and baseball. Baseball was my favorite. IMO football has changed so much it's not even the same game. I think South Park perfectly explained the current NFL with their Sarcastaball episode. The only time I watch sporting events on TV are at social gatherings.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I gave up on the NFL about 10 years ago, last time I gave a crap about the NBA was when Larry Bird was still playing. I still occasionally watch an MLB game (well, last season, anyway), but I don’t really care if that ever comes back, either. I’ll maybe watch NHL, and I like the other winter sports, including curling, it’s hypnotic.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Losing all the sports to watch felt bad at first. I was so bummed when the MLB made a statement about black lives matter. But, **** em, more time to do other things. If I could get back all the hours of my life I wasted watching spoiled athletes throw a ball for millions of dollars, just to whine about how oppressed they are, my wife would be a lot happier. I’d rather watch re runs of the golden girls

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok, I’m curious. What kind of excitement? We talkin fights, pulled muscles and injuries, or “slippage” of some sort?

You've obviously never watched curling. No such risque events or fights. Just like watching cars at an icy intersection... will it stop in time? Or go too far? If you've ever watched a low speed traffic accident and held your breath watching it unfold, That's kinda the feeling you get watching curling.

And you may think "wouldnt womens beach volleyball be more 'interesting' since they are almost nekked?" Nope. Curlers are cuter and typically more um... womanly. I WISH the volleyball girls had those kind of curves. :naughty:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You've obviously never watched curling. No such risque events or fights. Just like watching cars at an icy intersection... will it stop in time? Or go too far? If you've ever watched a low speed traffic accident and held your breath watching it unfold, That's kinda the feeling you get watching curling.

And you may think "wouldnt womens beach volleyball be more 'interesting' since they are almost nekked?" Nope. Curlers are cuter and typically more um... womanly. I WISH the volleyball girls had those kind of curves. :naughty:

Ok, this didn’t clear anything up and I’m even more confused now :):

When you say curling, is this like weight curling? Like we curl dumbbells when we work out? I may have to YouTube this and see what all the hype is about

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap! I just YouTubed it and this is nothing like I had in my mind :ugh:

Ive seen this before. I didn’t know it was called curling tho.

I had a buddy that had a table in his garage that had those puck things (obviously much smaller) and he’d put some kind of powder or salt down at each end. It had lines and you had to try to get the puck as close to the edge without it falling off. Can’t think of the name of it but that was a ton of fun. Seeing that YouTube video reminded me of that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think you just like watching women sweep the floor... :): I think they should add a sammich making portion to the competition myself.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Ok, I’m curious. What kind of excitement? We talkin fights, pulled muscles and injuries, or “slippage” of some sort?

Maybe he is hoping for a little upskirt action...

10911350_10153690597294012_4362078302095240377_o.jpg

This girl has enough curves for me. I'd even risk catching the COVID from her.

beach-girl-sprot-volleyball-9.jpeg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So the MLB was praising the San Francisco Giants last night for kneeling during the anthem. They posted a thing on twitter about how they’re proud of them, then someone said something about getting political they replied “human rights aren’t political”. Uh, they are when you put a color in front of “Lives Matter”. I’m so done with sports. How disappointing

Top Bottom