• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I've been building cannons as a hobby for several years now. Lately, I have been thinking outside the box and making them in the fashion of dragons. This one is by far my favorite so far. It has a 1-1/4" bore, 2' long barrel, just shy of 4' long and is free-standing. I shaped the claws from railroad spikes. The barrel is made of A513 DOM steel. I turned the breach-plug myself and pressed it into the barrel, then pinned and welded it in place. The eyes are cobalt blue glass. It is fired by use of shotgun primer and lanyard (with a slap-hammer). SUPER LOUD and lots of fun!
    ACtC-3e74F_C0uCtfkR6RAB0d2w_H_XyA0I9W9f7gUXya3HSpndC9sm7gwLIRXy3QNO9Qr1RvpJmDx10twQXQUn-UHqjsmqFLFjd0t0W7Tg-X_hKTuu3AXnO6o5NDslWZRJzCKhJmRi0eADhTD85HUrjOdbc=w876-h657-no
    AF1QipOKP6Ior7m_dtjIx_q0zSZ1fev0ln5qYTJXotmR
    AF1QipOKP6Ior7m_dtjIx_q0zSZ1fev0ln5qYTJXotmR

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Not into dragons, but, hell, that is cool! Yes there needs to be a video!!Do you have pictures of other ones you have? Looking at it, it reminds me of the line from the song by Johnny Horton, "The Battle of New Orleans" ....We fired our cannons til the barrels melted down/ then we grabbed an alligator and fought another round/ we filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind/ when we set the powder off, the gator lost his mind....Sorry obscure reference of the day?

Last edited:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Not into dragons, but, hell, that is cool! Yes there needs to be a video!!Do you have pictures of other ones you have? Looking at it, it reminds me of the line from the song by Johnny Horton, "The Battle of New Orleans" ....We fired our cannons til the barrels melted down/ then we grabbed an alligator and fought another round/ we filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind/ when we set the powder off, the gator lost his mind....Sorry obscure reference of the day?
    I think it is very appropriate.

Top Bottom