• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    A Handy Hot Dog Style Guide Visualizing 40 Different Ways People Eat Frankfurters Around the World

It’s not just a sausage in a bun; it’s a beautiful blank canvas. It’s a hot dog, which is a foodstuff eaten worldwide. Here are 40 distinctive varieties from around the globe — from iconic NYC “dirty water dogs” to fully loaded South American street-cart dogs to Japanese octo-dogs. There is a tubesteak out there for every craving that ever was.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but they sure nailed the Philippines. It's not a hot dog unless it's glowing neon red. [If your spouse complains that you spend too much time on your firearm hobby you can always point out just how educational INGO is. Where else are you going to learn about worldwide hot dog cultures?]

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I know there are people that will think this is sacrilege, but I like my hot dog with just ketchup on it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good hot dogs (Ball Park/Nathan's), a REAL grill that uses charcoal, grilled to perfection (ok, sometimes singed a bit), and a bun. That's all you need.

If it's raining: chili dogs with diced onions and shredded cheddar.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Anyone who uses any amount of ketchup on a hot dog is demon possessed and is going to hell.

My wife, a die hard Cubs fan, had me request ketchup from the hot dog vendor roaming around in the stands at Wrigley. Wanna guess how that went? He announced it to the crowd.

Yes, I absolutely stood up and threw her under the bus on the spot. Ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog.

There are some things you just don't do.

Top Bottom