• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    I am fed up with professional sports pushing their agendas down my throat. Today, it seems like all of them have their agendas from professional football to NASCAR. All I want is to enjoy the event, the way it use to be. It is about time we, the fans, stop paying for their multi million dollar contracts by not going to the events, watching the events on TV and buying their high priced merchandise most likely made in China.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I am fed up with professional sports pushing their agendas down my throat. Today, it seems like all of them have their agendas from professional football to NASCAR. All I want is to enjoy the event, the way it use to be. It is about time we, the fans, stop paying for their multi million dollar contracts by not going to the events, watching the events on TV and buying their high priced merchandise most likely made in China.

Preach.

I’ve got along just fine without professional sports.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I stopped watching the NFL several years ago. I have far more time to get things done. In hindsight- no real loss.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm tired of their whining and pushing social, and political, agendas when they get the opportunity. When I'm watching a game the last thing I want to hear about is any special interest group and their agenda.

I don't want to think about anything except how hard Tom Brady is going to get hit.

ETA: I think I'm done watching any of the games.....and screw NASCAR

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gotta let those advertisers know why you are not buying their products. Social media is the best way to tell them so others see the trend and follow suit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t watch any professional sports anymore either. From their jumping on the global warming bandwagon to pink for breast cancer awareness to kneeling to SJW me too-ness, I’m out. I never cared where that they feigned sympathy for the cause dejure. I watched to see teams play ball. Screw ‘em. I’m not participating. If it weren’t for college sports, I’d drop all of the sports tiers on my satellite package.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I love sports but I also let them go. I’m not gonna give anyone my viewership that supports people who want me dead, wont stand for the anthem, or preaches about my right to bear arms. I never miss a NASCAR race, but I quit watching after all their pandering a month ago. Overpaid morons

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sport ball is one of the silliest things on the planet, and it pretending it has a meaningful political message is even more comical.

No clue why anyone would watch that garbage. Or cars driving in a circle for 2 hours, for that matter.

Pick up a hobby, spend time with family, enjoy life rather than funding their regressive nonsense. I got rid of my TV over a decade ago and haven't once missed it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sport ball is one of the silliest things on the planet, and it pretending it has a meaningful political message is even more comical.

No clue why anyone would watch that garbage. Or cars driving in a circle for 2 hours, for that matter.

Pick up a hobby, spend time with family, enjoy life rather than funding their regressive nonsense. I got rid of my TV over a decade ago and haven't once missed it.

Well, the whole cars thing is really involved when you actually built the things and were involved at the core of the sport when it meant something. And yes it really meant something......then.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, the whole cars thing is really involved when you actually built the things and were involved at the core of the sport when it meant something. And yes it really meant something......then.

It hasn't meant anything for a long time.

Since long before I was even born. They banned anything different or interesting.

F1 has had its moments in recent history, but they're footnotes in the chapters of history now. Such as a hood scoop that has a pipe you cover with a finger to reduce downforce on the car, and resulted in the team sweeping the season and getting it banned.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It hasn't meant anything for a long time.

Since long before I was even born. They banned anything different or interesting.

I meant something until the big money came into play. There were many involved for the love of the sport and yes there was a deep seated love. I was deeply involved. And many of us made sacrifices to get to the big show.

I do not expect you to see that so no direct knock on you but being there, I saw it.

Now this watered down rules heavy club racing we have now sucks the big one and I hate it. Even the purity of drag racing has succumbed to the monster.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Pro sports and successful racing sanctioning bodies (that excludes Indycar, their ratings suck) make most of their money from TV contracts. If you have cable you are paying a few dollars every month to MLB, NBA, NFL and NASCAR.
    Doesn't matter whether you watch, whether you agree with their political posturing, you get to pay. Sports is why your cable bill keeps going up.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    PBR is the one sport I watch. I don't think there will be any pro bull riders taking a knee anytime soon
    107693216_10159037858515832_870525972171260442_o.jpg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    If NASCAR banning the racist loser flag and NFL athletes expressing popularly-held views is what you disagree with so much that it motivates you to cancel mainstream sports, that's your choice, but the national anthem before every game, constant military recruitment advertisements and military appreciation ceremonies, military aircraft flyovers, military-themed NFL and NASCAR apparel, White House visits, etc just wasn't political enough for ya? Pro sports has always been and will always be politicized, the popular views are all that's changed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I watch Formula 1 racing.

The most preachy thing you get is when the British announcers wear a poppy to commemorate WWI.

Top Bottom