• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Upon some quick googling I found that your laptop has DDR3L-PC3L-12800-1600MHz-SODIMM memory. It states you have one slot of memory and could upgrade it to 8GB. I'd suggest Tiger Direct or Frye's online for a deal. eBay is spotty on buying RAM.
    A quick YouTube search will get you a "how to" on performing the operation. It's about a 2 on the difficulty scale of 1-10.
    Heres the link I found the info on.
    https://www.memorystock.com/memory/...e Laptop has 1 slot,per slot for your Laptop.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Upon some quick googling I found that your laptop has DDR3L-PC3L-12800-1600MHz-SODIMM memory. It states you have one slot of memory and could upgrade it to 8GB. I'd suggest Tiger Direct or Frye's online for a deal. eBay is spotty on buying RAM.
    A quick YouTube search will get you a "how to" on performing the operation. It's about a 2 on the difficulty scale of 1-10.
    Heres the link I found the info on.
    https://www.memorystock.com/memory/...e Laptop has 1 slot,per slot for your Laptop.

Ingo is a great source for info.
    Thanks

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just replaced the RAM in my laptop. I got a great deal on Amazon. $17.99 w/free shipping as opposed to $23 from big box electronics. I have a Dell, and replacement was a very simple DIY. Not sure how different a Lenovo is.

Edited to add that's the same type of memory that I got, except I was upgrading from 2GB to 4GB (that's the max that my little Dell will take.)

My next project is upgrading the hard drive from (get this) 30GB to 500GB. Picked up a hard drive on Amazon for about $22.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    It also depends on where the existing memory module is & how easy it is to get too. Some are easily to get from the bottom of the laptop & others are under the keyboard. As far as a scanner , crucial online scanner is the way to go.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks to all of the Ingo help and encouragement, I found, ordered, and installed the memory upgrade for my Lenovo Idea Pad 320 on my own.
    I cannot believe the difference in performance, and for only $38 and change.

It's almost like having a new laptop.
    Thanks again Ingo!

Top Bottom