Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 213 of 427 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 4270

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ndavid45 View Post
    Another armed security job but it's much closer, i get a company car to use and it's 1.50/hr more than the old company.
    Good deal! Congrats!

User Info Menu

That looks cool Target.
    Someday, I hope to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am

User Info Menu

Afternoon folks kind of a do nothing day.
    Nice work target.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Howdy rk! Same thing here. About the only constructive things I did were buying groceries and vacuuming the rug out on the deck.

User Info Menu

Howdy rk.

I got a few things done today including a wiring project to power the house with the generator.

User Info Menu

Thanks people
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

User Info Menu

Rain is back. Not showing up on radar but a pretty steady light rain. Gotta say I'm enjoying the cooler temps. Haven't even run the pedestal fan at all out on the deck today.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
    Howdy rk.

I got a few things done today including a wiring project to power the house with the generator.
    Hey Bear, I saw your post about that. Have you priced the installation of a transfer box? I was going to have it done when I upgraded my service from 100 amp to 200 amp, but ran into some additional expenses at the time, so that fell by the wayside. I'd be hiring it out since I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just curious about how much I could expect to pay to have it done.

User Info Menu

$200-$700 for the transfer switch alone. Depending on the switch design(manual vs automatic) and the number/type of circuits. The installation costs are going to vary wildly depending on location and the amount of work performed.

I would advise figuring out EXACTLY what your power needs are (max peak draw) and what your expectations are. For me, I'm working on being able to isolate certain circuits so I can control what starts/runs and what doesn't. My main concerns are my well, furnace and refrigeration. I am going with a manual switch and at least 4 separate circuits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
    $200-$700 for the transfer switch alone. Depending on the switch design(manual vs automatic) and the number/type of circuits. The installation costs are going to vary wildly depending on location and the amount of work performed.

I would advise figuring out EXACTLY what your power needs are (max peak draw) and what your expectations are. For me, I'm working on being able to isolate certain circuits so I can control what starts/runs and what doesn't. My main concerns are my well, furnace and refrigeration. I am going with a manual switch and at least 4 separate circuits.
    That sounds about like what I would be interested in. I have a gas furnace, but of course it has electrical components as well. Refrigeration is a main concern of course, along with the well. I would be going with a manual switch as well. Generally speaking, power outages are fairly rare and short-lived here, but in a SHTF situation all bets would be off.

The only 240 V applications I would have would be the well pump and stove, unless I wanted to be able to run the clothes dryer.