• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    51 years. Holy smokes.

This article touts some moon landing video improved with AI techniques similar to what was done with They Shall Not Grow Old. To conserve film (actual film how quaint) the frame rates were kept pretty low when filming on the Moon, so the video quality suffered. The new techniques have smoothed this out. Cool beans.

Article: https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-this-old-apollo-footage-get-upgraded-into-a-60-fps-masterpiece

Youtube channel of the guy who did this, who apparently does it for fun and likes on Youtube. He also has a patreon page in case you want to send him some bucks.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRGEIYuo_HbUR6GhFLeEkPA

First step onto the Moon:
    [video=youtube;0yvCbt_vw-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvCbt_vw-M&t=310s[/video]

Four-wheelin' during Apollo 15:
    [video=youtube;boFZ3cAws20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boFZ3cAws20[/video]

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I remember it like it was yesterday.
    i was 8 years old and had been keeping a scrapbook with all the pictures and articles from the Indianapolis Star for about a year at this point. I was mesmerized watching the tv! I wanted to be an astronaut. Wish I had that scrapbook now.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Arguably the greatest achievement in human history and 51 years later humans haven’t ventured beyond earth’s moon. I was 5 and remember the Apollo 11 coverage.

I’m totally stoked about SpaceX and I’m SO looking forward to the first mission to Mars.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was 9 and remember Mom and Dad letting me stay up to watch it all unfold on our black and white TV. Used to make models of the Saturn V and the LEM too.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Dad and I watched on our 13 inch black and white television. He also managed to capture Armstrong's first step on 8mm film which has since been transferred to DVD. To this day, it's amazing to see this historic moment on our home movies.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I got to play golf with Neil Armstrong in the late 80s. My wife is friends with his niece and was in the wedding.
    He was a really nice guy. Not a really good golfer.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was 9 and remember Mom and Dad letting me stay up to watch it all unfold on our black and white TV. Used to make models of the Saturn V and the LEM too.

I was 9 also. B&W TV. Pretty sure I was sitting on the floor while Dad and Mom had the couch. :) Dad was a Government QA guy at Allison in Indianapolis where the fuel tanks for the lunar module and the command module were built. I grew up hearing about the Apollo program, and I built a bunch of models of those things (plus the Sat V stack).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was 9 also. B&W TV. Pretty sure I was sitting on the floor while Dad and Mom had the couch. :) Dad was a Government QA guy at Allison in Indianapolis where the fuel tanks for the lunar module and the command module were built. I grew up hearing about the Apollo program, and I built a bunch of models of those things (plus the Sat V stack).
    Same here (on the floor), but Mom and Dad each had their own recliners. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you all were old enough to watch the conspiracy being filmed?

:): My high school physics teacher actually debunked the conspiracy theory. Apparently HAM radio operators could hear the radio transmissions, and by triangulating the signals they could determine that they were indeed coming from the moon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom