Masks-no discussion needed. Just vote and see where we really are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mask or no mask

• Total voters

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    See how many are really advocating for government mandated mask wearing so we can quit talking past each other

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No masks.

If they prove that they actually do work (and they have not) then yes we wear them and everything opens back up and business as usual.

If not ****-em.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The mask MAY be useful, so I voted with the voluntary option. Masks do help in the surgerical theater, so I accept there may be a rationale for its use; but in the real world its use should be optional.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I voted they are useless. I do believe cloth masks are useless. Other masks can be beneficial but people don’t wear them right once again making them nothing more than a useless security blanket.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No bacon option?

Seriously. The poll is either missing options or is biased (on purpose or unintentionally).

I believe I am responsible for myself and my family only. I will make informed decisions on the health and safety of my family. The .gov has a very limited role in those decisions. The "mob" has zero role.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And for all of you headed to Kroeger....remember, there is more to life than fabric.

[video=youtube_share;51f57K-Bi1M]http://youtu.be/51f57K-Bi1M[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The mask MAY be useful, so I voted with the voluntary option. Masks do help in the surgerical theater, so I accept there may be a rationale for its use; but in the real world its use should be optional.

Same here. I believe they’re useless, but it didn’t have a voluntary option so I voted they should be voluntary.

I believe they’re useless but like everything it should be voluntary and up to the person to decide what’s best for themselves.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Same boat. I do not believe they are that effective but that wasn’t an option. I do not believe they are useless, but I don’t the ink they’re particularly effective for stopping the spread. Maybe if we were more like Hong Kong and the residents routinely wore masks and were used to them so they didn’t adjust or touch their face every 30 seconds it might be more helpful.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No masks.

If they prove that they actually do work (and they have not) then yes we wear them and everything opens back up and business as usual.

If not ****-em.

At the risk of discussion, what level of "proof" would be required for you, personally, to believe there is a benefit to wearing them?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m not voting, because I don’t know who or what to believe. I have researched both sides, and I have no idea who is right. All I know is that this whole situation has made me angry.

I don’t wear a mask unless I absolutely have to. I won’t be forced into wearing one also. I avoid large crowds anyway, so I’m all for distancing.

We need to open everything up, and keep it all open. Masks should be voluntary, not forced. I’m also all for businesses making their own rules, however dumb I think it is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where is the answer to choose that the masks are actually causing more damage than good?

Hasn't the spike in cases came since SO MANY people touch their mask faces and then everything else?

No discussion needed...

bef2ddd20884f0f7a37f89f8ead5ee89.gif

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We have a thread already to discuss them. I chose useless because I could see wearing them voluntarily but not wearing them voluntarily I thought meant the same as useless.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I chose useless. I believe the good masks, not the old t-shirt ones, probably do some minimal good. I just don't think the number of hospitalizations and death rate warrant the use of them. People that do, should be advocating for masks during flu season as well if they think it is that bad.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know it’s a “no discussion” thread but this is INGO and we all know all threads eventually evolve from the original intent of the creator. :)

Less than 50% of folks get a flu shot in any given flu season. I saw an article this weekend that, IIRC, said about 65% of folks believe in wearing masks. Assuming those 65% are walking the walk, I have to wonder at what point does mask wearing equate to the effectiveness of flu vaccinations?

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    You'll be shocked (I was), but they hardly do.

Guideline for the prevention of surgical site infection, 1999 (CDC):
    1) the wearing of surgical masks is a tradition,
    2) their efficacy is questionable,
    3) but they may protect against splashes of blood and fluids.

They protect the wearer from splashes, that's the extent of their utility.
    https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/7160

Top Bottom