• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Any idea what this kid got before expenses? Any guess? If someone finds out, I'd like to know.

Just me, but I think way too many people bring civil cases, with high dollar hopes. I don't think it makes our country better (with some/a lot of the cases) for having done so. With that being stated, this kid and his friends were severely mis-characterized at the event, in many public forums. He will be recognized worldwide and villainized still by many. But, there comes a dollar value, at every individuals own limit where you think "Dang, I woulda gone through it for that money" especially since he has no reason to be ashamed and he can travel anywhere with his head held high.

Starting bid was $250,000,000.00. That's a lot of zeros! Half that? 1/4? 1/8? $5Mil? $1,000,000.00.

I'm probably a cheap date. I hate to say a point when I would have taken my bag of money and ran. Just for s**** and giggles, I'd like to know what it is worth to him. He is the only one who counts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate frivolous lawsuits, but I see this as purely punitive. 250M is chicken feed and barely hurts these big guys.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well if it was widely publicized maybe. The MSMBS will quash it and most people will never know it happened. Making them devote as many minutes to the retraction as the did in the defamation would actually be punitive.

Top Bottom