www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It is awesome. That is all.

Now to crawl into my hotel bed next door and sleep off the sausage and beer. Ugh. I ate so much im uncomfortable but damn its good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Never was impressed by the Schnitzelbank. Spent too many years in the BRD and my maternal grandparents were both 2nd gen immigrants from Germany. Atmosphere in particular is a little too forced, food overpriced and only a little better than mediocre. Can't comment on their beer, haven't had it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm usually in Jasper 2-3 days a week, like most places it's had it's ups and downs over the years. The tenderloin with fried potatoes and a schooner of beer make for a good meal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never was impressed by the Schnitzelbank. Spent too many years in the BRD and my maternal grandparents were both 2nd gen immigrants from Germany. Atmosphere in particular is a little too forced, food overpriced and only a little better than mediocre. Can't comment on their beer, haven't had it.

I think it’s ridiculous to compare ANY US based ethnic restaurant to a native restaurant “ over there”. Sure it’s better over there. But then I didn’t have to spend days and dollars to go over there. So it’s a wash.

its still excellent, regardless. And beers were excellent. They can even can you a 32 or fill a 64 growler for the take home bag if they don’t happen to have what you want bottled.:rockwoot:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think it’s ridiculous to compare ANY US based ethnic restaurant to a native restaurant “ over there”. Sure it’s better over there. But then I didn’t have to spend days and dollars to go over there. So it’s a wash.

its still excellent, regardless. And beers were excellent. They can even can you a 32 or fill a 64 growler for the take home bag if they don’t happen to have what you want bottled.:rockwoot:

Hey I’m headed to Tijuana for some tacos. You down for a road trip? :mullet:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Point taken, I grew up eating German food so probably more than a little prejudiced. I have heard their beer is good, and I'll have to take everybody's word for it, I quit drinking about 25 years ago.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I am ashamed to say it's been more than a decade since I've been there. Sad being only 45 minutes away.

We like the Gerst Haus (Evansville) better. Food is at least as good and the prices and atmosphere are better.

Top Bottom