Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bone head moronic move of the day.

User Info Menu

Been there, done that.
    Porkchop Sandwiches

Marksman

User Info Menu

New garage door opener nearly identical in size to Ford switchblade fob.
    I even put a new battery in it and it still wouldn't open the door.

User Info Menu

at least you never missed a rectal exam
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Bought my first out board boat. The kind that starts with an ignition switch. The first fishing trip I made the 40 minute drive to Summit Lake. Forgot the key, so I hot wired it and didn’t catch a thing. The Boat turn out to be a night mare to own. So it turned to be bonehead successive moments and I learned what the letters for BOAT stands for. B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    at least you never missed a rectal exam
    She hasn't missed one either.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmag View Post
    Bought my first out board boat. The kind that starts with an ignition switch. The first fishing trip I made the 40 minute drive to Summit Lake. Forgot the key, so I hot wired it and didn’t catch a thing. The Boat turn out to be a night mare to own. So it turned to be bonehead successive moments and I learned what the letters for BOAT stands for. B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand
    I did that once going to Monroe from Indy. My then roommate buddy asked me why I ever took the key out of the ignition. "Do you think someone is going to start the boat and drive it off the trailer while it's in the driveway?" Ever since then, I've left the key in the ignition (although I do keep a spare set in the truck glove box).

And as a variation on what you said, "A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into."

User Info Menu

Could have been worse. You could have set the guns on the roof while loading the car then lost them somewhere along the way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    ...but how the heck do you forget the single purpose of the trip?
    I can easily see me doing that.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    I have bought, sold and traded many firearms over the years with very few problems or hiccups. Today was a first for me.

Have a couple CZ-83 pistols in .32 acp for sale. Guy outside Henderson, KY offered to buy one and said he would add $10 for gas and time since I would have to drive down to his FFL for the transfer. Closest dealer who would facilitate the deal was in Hanson, KY. No problem, quick 40 minute jaunt down the road.

I get up, double check both pistols are in the case (I gave him choice) and then showered and dressed. I drive down and as I am pulling into the FFL's drive, I realize I left the guns at home...40 minutes north. As I am realizing that the buyer texts me he is 5 minutes away.

I filled him in and, while I am sure he was irritated, he was nice about it. Turns out he works like 10 minutes from there so we set a meet for later next week after work. I will kick in some ammo to smooth things over but how the heck do you forget the single purpose of the trip?
    I would have understood. I would have laughed my butt off, but I would have understood. Hopefully laughing with you, not at you. Ok, maybe a little bit at you.

I have no problem with honest mistakes when doing deals. Misrepresentation, or bull**** excuses don't sit well with me, though.

User Info Menu

I pull stunts like this all the time with my lunches and coffee.

The only way to not forget is to literally put my keys in the fridge with my lunch. I still manage to get distracted and leave them on a counter from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast