• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have bought, sold and traded many firearms over the years with very few problems or hiccups. Today was a first for me.

Have a couple CZ-83 pistols in .32 acp for sale. Guy outside Henderson, KY offered to buy one and said he would add $10 for gas and time since I would have to drive down to his FFL for the transfer. Closest dealer who would facilitate the deal was in Hanson, KY. No problem, quick 40 minute jaunt down the road.

I get up, double check both pistols are in the case (I gave him choice) and then showered and dressed. I drive down and as I am pulling into the FFL's drive, I realize I left the guns at home...40 minutes north. As I am realizing that the buyer texts me he is 5 minutes away.

I filled him in and, while I am sure he was irritated, he was nice about it. Turns out he works like 10 minutes from there so we set a meet for later next week after work. I will kick in some ammo to smooth things over but how the heck do you forget the single purpose of the trip?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I work on the far east side of Indy.

I left the office one AM to meet a US EPA contractor in Seymore to caravan over to our site in Brownstown. I get most of the way down there and I realize that I've forgotten the key to the site. But I didn't have the contractor's tx # to call him and tell him that. So I had to finish the drive to Seymore - tell him, formulate a plan to either bag it for the day or try the following, or if he'd wait on me to drive back and get the key.

I had to drive all the way back up to Greenwood where a co-worker met me with the key so I could save 50 minutes of driving. Thanks for that, Allen!

And not too long after that a co-worker was supposed to do a systems audit at Charlestown State Park. He got all the way there and realized he forgot the 1 piece of equipment he needed. He called me, and I met him with it in Seymore to save him the 100% wasted day. Fun times.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Baseball game, Lexington, Ky.
    I am a freelancer working for the production company.
    They send the truck ( converted RV ) down a day early to park, power, and run cables.
    The rest of the crew arrives day of game to do the show.
    No keys to the truck...

Our audio guy was rather small, so we lowered him down through a roof vent and break in to the truck.
    game on...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have bought, sold and traded many firearms over the years with very few problems or hiccups. Today was a first for me.

Have a couple CZ-83 pistols in .32 acp for sale. Guy outside Henderson, KY offered to buy one and said he would add $10 for gas and time since I would have to drive down to his FFL for the transfer. Closest dealer who would facilitate the deal was in Hanson, KY. No problem, quick 40 minute jaunt down the road.

I get up, double check both pistols are in the case (I gave him choice) and then showered and dressed. I drive down and as I am pulling into the FFL's drive, I realize I left the guns at home...40 minutes north. As I am realizing that the buyer texts me he is 5 minutes away.

I filled him in and, while I am sure he was irritated, he was nice about it. Turns out he works like 10 minutes from there so we set a meet for later next week after work. I will kick in some ammo to smooth things over but how the heck do you forget the single purpose of the trip?

At least you MADE the trip. Once I called a friend and canceled a trip because I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere, thought the cat got a hold of them so I even searched under the tables chairs and the couch, I made sure I didn't miss them by using the flashlight...that was attached to my keys...

:rolleyes: :faint:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At least you MADE the trip. Once I called a friend and canceled a trip because I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere, thought the cat got a hold of them so I even searched under the tables chairs and the couch, I made sure I didn't miss them by using the flashlight...that was attached to my keys...

:rolleyes: :faint:

:rofl:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I rolled over to Terrible Haute to look at a 10mm 1911 and after an hour plus roll out I realized I had left the cash on my desk.

Explained myself and made apology's and set up for the next day. Rolled over cash in hand.

Gun was a piece of crap. After 2 trips I had to pass.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Bought my first out board boat. The kind that starts with an ignition switch. The first fishing trip I made the 40 minute drive to Summit Lake. Forgot the key, so I hot wired it and didnÂ’t catch a thing. The Boat turn out to be a night mare to own. So it turned to be bonehead successive moments and I learned what the letters for BOAT stands for. B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bought my first out board boat. The kind that starts with an ignition switch. The first fishing trip I made the 40 minute drive to Summit Lake. Forgot the key, so I hot wired it and didnÂ’t catch a thing. The Boat turn out to be a night mare to own. So it turned to be bonehead successive moments and I learned what the letters for BOAT stands for. B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand

I did that once going to Monroe from Indy. My then roommate buddy asked me why I ever took the key out of the ignition. "Do you think someone is going to start the boat and drive it off the trailer while it's in the driveway?" :ugh: Ever since then, I've left the key in the ignition (although I do keep a spare set in the truck glove box).

And as a variation on what you said, "A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into."

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

I would have understood. I would have laughed my butt off, but I would have understood. Hopefully laughing with you, not at you. Ok, maybe a little bit at you. ;)

I have no problem with honest mistakes when doing deals. Misrepresentation, or bull**** excuses don't sit well with me, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I pull stunts like this all the time with my lunches and coffee.

The only way to not forget is to literally put my keys in the fridge with my lunch. I still manage to get distracted and leave them on a counter from time to time.

Top Bottom