• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Was just watching the local Fox 59 news channel. They ran a story about local music venues experiencing significant financial troubles due to public policy shutting down almost all of their locations. A local booking agent was expressing his dismay about the lack of revenue over the last four months. He stated he felt the only thing that could save the industry now is for federal dollars to be appropriated, essentially as a gift with no repayment requirement.

I suppose some would argue the government has bailed out private industry before. I recall federal funds granted to the auto industry in the past. There were strings attached,however, not the least of which was the requirement of repayment. I’m sure there are a lot industries that have suffered greviously during the “pandemic driven recession.” And I’m sure most of those would like to receive loans with a no repayment requirement. I feel it’s a slippery slope to use federal dollars to bolster private industry. ( please don‘t use the tax credit/deferment/subsidy analogy argument ) I’m speaking of direct funding - although on second thought I’m not sure there’s a difference.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I assume that most, if not all of these venues were eligible for the PPP and EIDL and will be again. If not, they are probably owned by fairly significant corporations.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Fox59 had the same story a couple of weeks ago. They said Indianapolis had a $75,000 fund to subsidize music venues and admitted that $75,000 split between multiple venues wouldn't pay the light bill. I don't recall whether this was a grant or a loan.
    Tonight's news has a story about black owned businesses needing financial help.
    You could count on your fingers the number of businesses that haven't been ruined by the lockdowns or the riots.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom