• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Did some field work Monday AM then got back to the office.

Co-worker, who was working from home, texted me and asked if we could rescheduled Tuesday's field work for later on Monday so we'd miss rain/storms.

Sure thing, man! I'll get around and come pick you up - since he lives in Plainfield and we were headed to south of Marshall, Illinois.

We accomplish all of our tasks despite me forgetting 2-3 things that we kind of needed and head back to Plainfield to drop him off.

Then I come in to work on Tuesday AM and begin work, work, working all day long.

I then get simultaneous texts from coworker and my boss: Coworker was around a guy who tested + for the Kung Flu. Boss tells me that I should go home.

Great. Just great. I'm in no fewer than TWO high-risk categories. Hooray for that.

Co-worker tests + for the 'Rona.

Now I'm quite anxious - high risk and all.

So I hem and haw for another day or so before *I* decide to get myself tested. I had my nasal swabs done at about 12:45pm on 7/31.

I check my account probably 10x a day for results.

I finally got the results last night about 10:40pm. NEGATIVE. WHEW.

HOWEVER, that neg test is/was just a snapshot in time. There is still a chance that I've been infected. BUT - my coworker showed symptoms in 3 days (he's high risk, too...). I breezed through 3 asymptomatic days easily. And, thankfully, I still am.

The day that my co-worker and I were together: I wore a mask 98.5% of the time we were near one another. And he wore a mask, too. There is no doubt in my mind that wearing my mask (And he his) has probably saved my life.

If you care about yourself and those around you, please, wear a mask.

(And now I'll sit back and wait for all the Internet Medical Degree holders to chime in)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have my own real life encounters to set my opinions. And none of them had masks involved. Not knocking your theory's or opinions at all. If you believe this then carry on.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Fast-Tex Urgent Care in Cibolo does commie flu tests and turn-around is about 20 minutes. Of course you have to factor in the 2400 mile round trip.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I almost died once. I was driving down the road and someone driving on the same road got into an accident. I stopped to help them and turns out they were fine. I couldn’t believe my luck. It could have easily been me. I’m sure that my seat belt saved my life that day.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I was at the post office the other day and the woman working the counter was quite short with me and the man in front of me, I grinned when she told both of us the next time we come to the PO we better be wearing masks. I responded that I have tourettes and it shows itself, when I put on a mask and she would not appreciate the awful things I say then.
    I then told her she needs to watch a few School House Rocks Videos...
    I then heard the Postmaster bust out laughing from his office.
    He then walked out without a mask and fist bumped me and went back to work...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My co-worker started exhibiting symptoms 3 days after his exposure. When he was around his buddy, singing and playing music in their band, neither of them were masked.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Good to hear Tactically Fat! I was born with a medical condition that includes a respiratory condition. Started feeling kind of crappy late last week. Then it hit me over the weekend. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of my doc for a Monday morning telemed visit. They would not let me come into the clinic. Ends up being respiratory infection. Antibiotics and some meds to break up the gunk. Due to my age 64, and my respiratory condition. My doc also wants me to have a covid test. When my respiratory condition acts up it mimics covid symptoms. Doc is pretty sure I don't have covid. Just wants to take the precaution. So it's off to the clinic tomorrow afternoon to get swabbed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    When my respiratory condition acts up it mimics covid symptoms. Doc is pretty sure I don't have covid. Just wants to take the precaution.

I have developed allergies later in life. Rather, perhaps, they have gotten worse. That + asthma also mimics a goodly portion of the covid symptoms. I really was on pins and needles for a few days until my test came back.

Top Bottom