Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Teens and the 'odd' habits they develop...

  1. #1
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Teens and the 'odd' habits they develop...

    As I prepare to send my oldest son off to college one thing I'm reminded of this morning is...

    I will not miss the 'odd' habits they develop...

    1- Cannot seem to rinse out their coffee cups or drinking glasses...
    Why do we have to get a clean coffee cup out EVERY morning? Ever hear of 'rinsing' out a cup???
    Why do we have to get a clean glass out every time we need a drink of water?

    2- Laundry...
    Why do you wash just your bath towel when there is obviously other laundry that needs done too?

    3- Place holder as the list grows...

    Yes, I will miss my son but not the 'odd' habits.


  2. #2
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    My wife has those same habits...

  3. #3
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Took my older daughter back to college yesterday. I don't know how my wife and I will be able to operate without her telling us the correct way to do things we have been doing for 30 years.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster Leadeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Took my older daughter back to college yesterday. I don't know how my wife and I will be able to operate without her telling us the correct way to do things we have been doing for 30 years.
    Got a good laugh from that one.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

    Marvin the Martian

  5. #5
    Master KittySlayer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
    My wife has those same habits...
    Teenage wife? Cradle robber.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Got a good laugh from that one.
    Thankfully, we have 2 teens in high school at home so we still have plenty of advice.

    Funny thing, my older son who is 23 and on his own has little advice to give us...now.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  7. #7
    Expert two70's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
    My wife has those same habits...
    Yep, mine does something similar... she forgets where she left her water bottle/glass and just gets another without looking for the previous one. I can always tell where she spent her time when she is at home by following the trail of partially empty water bottles/glasses.

  8. #8
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by two70 View Post
    Yep, mine does something similar... she forgets where she left her water bottle/glass and just gets another without looking for the previous one. I can always tell where she spent her time when she is at home by following the trail of partially empty water bottles/glasses.
    Oh yes, thats another 'trait'... THEY ARE F'ING HOGS...

    Or another classic... 'Don't be a jerk to your Father then ask for money later'... Bad form my friend, bad form...

  9. #9
    Master

    User Info Menu

    I never told my parents how to do anything as I am not fond of getting punched in the mouth.
    Local tribal warlord

    I am Asher's son.

    Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

  10. #10
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitsandGravy View Post
    Oh yes, thats another 'trait'... THEY ARE F'ING HOGS...

    Or another classic... 'Don't be a jerk to your Father then ask for money later'... Bad form my friend, bad form...
    One of my favorites when DoggyMama's daughter (in her 20's at the time mind you) was living with us for awhile was, "I'm a grown-ass woman!" And then almost in the same breath, "Mommy, can you 'loan' (meaning 'give') me $xx?" After living here rent-free. Oh yeah and we went through the dirty dishes and glasses left in her room too. One time I found about half a glass of "cottage cheese" that I assume was milk at some point.


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •