Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asphalt driveway repair and resurface advice…..help

User Info Menu

Asphalt driveway repair and resurface advice…..help

I've got an asphalt driveway that needs to be repaired and resurfaced. There are cracks up to about 1" wide.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what product to use, or maybe a good YouTube video they have used? This is my first time and I'm not sure where to start.

TIA

Expert

User Info Menu

Sounds more likely it needs replacement if you have 1" cracks. I'd look at replacement and would do concrete if I could (I did).

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, more than I want to spend at the moment. Then there's always the problem of finding a construction contractor who is competent, ethical, and sober.

User Info Menu

Austin Sealcoating is good. Did our church parking lot and was referred by the pastor's husband. Excellent work for a good price.

And I know the feeling. I tried 5 other companies before finding him. Either too busy or our job was too small.(40,000sqft is small????)

www.austin-sealcoating.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post
    Sounds more likely it needs replacement if you have 1" cracks. I'd look at replacement and would do concrete if I could (I did).

Or you could be like one of my neighbors. Concrete drive with 5 or 6 wide cracks. He patched them with bags of asphalt cold patch and has been putting sealcoat down on the entire thing every spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

I'll take a look. I appreciate the lead!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Austin Sealcoating is good. Did our church parking lot and was referred by the pastor's husband. Excellent work for a good price.

And I know the feeling. I tried 5 other companies before finding him. Either too busy or our job was too small.(40,000sqft is small????)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

Good start so far! I called them expecting to leave a vmail. An actual person answered. They were actually helpful with questions I had. They're coming out this week to give an estimate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J Galt View Post
    Good start so far! I called them expecting to leave a vmail. An actual person answered. They were actually helpful with questions I had. They're coming out this week to give an estimate.
    Really good to know! I left a vm for CAPS Road Material in Plainfield a week ago and never got a call back. I'll try Austin.
    We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it. - Thomas Jefferson

A gentleman seldom needs a pistol but when he needs one he needs it very badly. - Winston Churchill

Expert

User Info Menu

If anyone needs advice I have been in the asphalt trade over 20 years. I sealcoat on the weekends in between my part time and full time jobs. I always give free advice.

User Info Menu

Asphalt will reflect what's underneath it. Cracks will come back and/or get worse based on what is underneath.

Tear out and replace with concrete is expensive, but if you decide to go that route I have a trusted contractor who does really good work. He quit working for the commercial construction company where I work to do his own thing. I still wish he would come back and work for us...he does really good work and that's hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast