• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I usually buy several dollar coins and give them out for birthdays and for doing chores to my grandchildren they love them be it the new golden dollars or the older dollars. I can't find any dollar coins anywhere around the banks of the county I live in. What has happened to them are people not using them nowadays? I tried 50 cent coins non to be had as well. What is going on?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I usually buy several dollar coins and give them out for birthdays and for doing chores to my grandchildren they love them be it the new golden dollars or the older dollars. I can't find any dollar coins anywhere around the banks of the county I live in. What has happened to them are people not using them nowadays? I tried 50 cent coins non to be had as well. What is going on?

The change machines in loads of factorys give them out instead of quarters.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The last time I had one it fell out of my pocket when I took a nap and when I woke up it was briefly stuck to my back before falling off and rolling under the bed. So my vote is under beds and planted in butt cracks

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

How many do you need? I'm willing to sell you what you need for a $1.25 a piece shipping not included.
    Let me know with a PM. :yesway:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Well, I know I am sitting on over $100 in $1 coins of various types (Susan B. Anthony, Sacajawea, and the golden coins). But I have been collecting them for years, not sure why.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    First time I tried to use one of the President dollar coins (at Hobby Lobby) they refused to take it. It took some convincing - and showing them where it says $1 - to get it accepted. We usually get them for bounty/prize money at the Hartford City Civil War Days (cancelled this year).

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    First time I tried to use one of the President dollar coins (at Hobby Lobby) they refused to take it. It took some convincing - and showing them where it says $1 - to get it accepted. We usually get them for bounty/prize money at the Hartford City Civil War Days (cancelled this year).

i routinely spend $2.00 bills, and I have had SEVERAL millennials laugh and hand them back to me like they are not real. I like spending Indian head pennies, buffalo nickels, and mercury dimes just to watch peoples reactions. If I ever hit the lottery, I will spend 3 cent pieces, 20 cent pieces, silver dollars (Morgans and Peace) and even gold coins. I once told a waitress that I was going to leave her a $5 tip, but she could “have this solid silver Morgan dollar instead if you want”. Of course she took the $5.00.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Ask them if they will take Hawaiian money. It's always good for a laugh.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    if you those are UGLY, wait until you see the Harriet Tubman $20 bills that will be coming out

I really wanted the "come with me if you want to live" version.

attachment.php

Top Bottom