• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Looking to add some pepper spray to the golf cart. It will be mainly for dogs, but it will accompany me to Chicago when I have to go to the Dr.
    It's been quite some time since I carried it for work, had to use it 3 times and even as crappy as the Halt brand we were issued was, it still did its job.
    When I got looking into it there is fog, stream, foam or gel. What's your preferred brand and why?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've recently been reading up on them. I like the Sabre Red with the flip cap. I heard that the twist "safety" can twist when in your pocket and you could have an unintentional discharge I am also looking at the POM.

I want the stream over the gel or fog. I think it will work better and not have as much of a chance to blow back in my face.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I use Fox Labs Mean Green or 5.3 or UDAP Mugger Fogger. I have Freeze +P that we got issued that has OC and CS that K9s abhor. My Malinois thinks any pepper spray is a condiment for kibble but not that +P!

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I used Guard Dog pepper spray on a dog that bit me this summer. The stream went directly into the muzzle and eyes. The dog ran into the rail on the deck. Fell on the concrete steps and proceeded to run into the block wall of the garage, dragging its head on the ground. It then ran out into the yard and ran blindly through the neighbors yard and left. The spray is only a couple of short burst but was highly effective on the 40-50 pound mut. I purchased another to replace it and read on the package that if used they would replace it. Hope to never have to use it. It also contains a uv dye.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I like to mount mine doggy style but I am mildly handicapped.

giphy-4.gif

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    FYI, pepper spray is illegal in Chicago. If you're going to carry that you might as well carry something else wink wink.
    All of the gang bangers are

A quick Google search says it's only illegal to use in an enclosed space with more than 20 people, or while committing a crime.

You got a source?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I used Guard Dog pepper spray on a dog that bit me this summer. The stream went directly into the muzzle and eyes. The dog ran into the rail on the deck. Fell on the concrete steps and proceeded to run into the block wall of the garage, dragging its head on the ground. It then ran out into the yard and ran blindly through the neighbors yard and left. The spray is only a couple of short burst but was highly effective on the 40-50 pound mut. I purchased another to replace it and read on the package that if used they would replace it. Hope to never have to use it. It also contains a uv dye.

That reminds me of the time my buddies and I were riding bikes and this fairly large dog came out after one of my buddies. Just as the dog was closing in on his right leg, he hit the cranks hard to shoot forward while hitting the dog with pepper spray. That dog, because he was running went behind the bike and did a barrel roll into the ditch.

It definitely took the fight out of the dog. And come to think of it, he never chased us again.

I also remember a cop friend of mine saying that it will take the fight out of most anyone if you get a shot in their eyes. He remembered one time when they hit this prisoner with a shot to the face and he just plopped down and kinda shook his head. This dude was a BIG dude and hardened by a tough life. But again, it took enough out of him for the officers to get him in cuffs.

Top Bottom