• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    A week ago I took my youngest son shopping for school clothes at Wal-Mart. He couldn't try anything on because they had the dressing rooms closed due to Covid 19. After we got home he tried on two pairs of blue jeans I purchased there. Neither pair fit, so today I returned to Wal-Mart to exchange them and was told that Wal-Mart doesn't except returns on clothes due to Covid 19. I couldn't exchange them and I couldn't get a refund and was told that this was corporate policy. I will not be shopping at Wal-Mart again due to their policy. Seems to me just another excuse to rip people off. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My wife bought school clothes with my daughter at Kohl's and they told her since no fitting rooms were open (due to covid) that they actually relaxed their exchange policy on clothing. I hope Wal-Mart's policy doesn't catch on other places.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I would go back to the store and ask for a manager to explain the no fitting rooms yet no return if they don't fit policy.
    I did request to talk with the manager. He said it was corporate policy and if I had a complaint to call 1-800-Wal-Mart. I called the number when I got home and basically got an answering service, I finally got to talk to an individual but I didn't get any satisfaction.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    A week ago I took my youngest son shopping for school clothes at Wal-Mart. He couldn't try anything on because they had the dressing rooms closed due to Covid 19. After we got home he tried on two pairs of blue jeans I purchased there. Neither pair fit, so today I returned to Wal-Mart to exchange them and was told that Wal-Mart doesn't except returns on clothes due to Covid 19. I couldn't exchange them and I couldn't get a refund and was told that this was corporate policy. I will not be shopping at Wal-Mart again due to their policy. Seems to me just another excuse to rip people off. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

When did you try to return these clothes? They stopped doing clothing returns for a few months over Covid but normal returns procedures are back in place.
    I would suggest you go back to the store customer counter and ask for a salaried employee to talk to.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    When did you try to return these clothes? They stopped doing clothing returns for a few months over Covid but normal returns procedures are back in place.
    I would suggest you go back to the store customer counter and ask for a salaried employee to talk to.
    I retuned to Wal-Mart today, Aug. 10.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I retuned to Wal-Mart today, Aug. 10.

Who you talked to did not know that policy has been dropped.
    Like I said ask for a salaried employee and talk to them, that will be an asst store manager or the store manager. Also that policy of no clothing returns has been removed from Walmarts website.
    Full disclosure my bestie is in management with Walmart.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ordered some shorts for my daughter on Target.com and they didn't fit properly, got online and did the chat with a CSR, and they actually told us to keep the shorts, she refunded me full purchase price, and then had me put in an order for the new size we needed, and the CSR gave me $5 off the new order for my inconvenience. I could not believe it. Didn't even say a word about Covid on the chat, so no idea if it was related to that or just the discretion of the CSR. Thing is, I only got on a chat to see if there was going to be any issue with my daughter returning them to the store.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Who you talked to did not know that policy has been dropped.
    Like I said ask for a salaried employee and talk to them, that will be an asst store manager or the store manager. Also that policy of no clothing returns has been removed from Walmarts website.
    Full disclosure my bestie is in management with Walmart.
    Thanks for the advice, Clay Pigeon. I will try a different Wal-Mart next time I go to town

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I did request to talk with the manager. He said it was corporate policy and if I had a complaint to call 1-800-Wal-Mart. I called the number when I got home and basically got an answering service, I finally got to talk to an individual but I didn't get any satisfaction.

You could always go hold a peaceful protest and bust out the windows and go get the size you need....and some TV's and Tide. Just don't forget your mask or cant breathe shirt or you may be arrested.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was told theyd do retroactive returns like 6 weeks back once they started taking returns again.
    Not sure if that's true or not but it came from a manager.

I'm still shocked that so many people/businesses are still so paranoid about this virus. Some people in the media need jailtime over all of the panic and flat out lies theyve spread to intentionally wreck our country.
    ****ing Democrats, ****ing traitors

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was told theyd do retroactive returns like 6 weeks back once they started taking returns again.
    Not sure if that's true or not but it came from a manager.

I'm still shocked that so many people/businesses are still so paranoid about this virus. Some people in the media need jailtime over all of the panic and flat out lies theyve spread to intentionally wreck our country.
    ****ing Democrats, ****ing traitors

Yes sir. I called :bs: a while back after I saw certain light bulbs pop on.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be concerned about where their clothes come from and who made them. Do they not realize that the people who made them came in contact with them? They don't seem concerned about the products they sell coming from China where the virus first started.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    While I would not embarrass my kid by doing this I might do it for myself.

Walk in with my bag and a copy of my receipt for the incorrectly fitting jeans. Stand in the middle of the clothing department, drop my pants, and try on pairs of jeans until I found the ones that fit. Proceed to leave the store and on the way out hand the bag with the jeans that don't fit and a copy of receipt for the wrong size to the greeter and say Have a Nice Day. As I understand it their Loss Prevention people don't chase criminals so they should not chase a customer simply exchanging an item. Of course I would wear my mask.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be concerned about where their clothes come from and who made them. Do they not realize that the people who made them came in contact with them? They don't seem concerned about the products they sell coming from China where the virus first started.

Then tell me Buckeroo, why did you give that evil corporation your money to begin with?

Thats a rhetorical question, we all know why folks shop at Walmart....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When my daughter needed to buy some clothes before going back to college a week ago, my wife knew enough to call ahead and ask various stores whether they had changing rooms open. I would not have known to do that. It resulted in a trouble free shopping trip because they only went places where the rooms were available.

Top Bottom