• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Almost scammed this morning. So I decided to venture to Speedway Kroger this morning for groceries and to scout the ambience of race weekend without the crowd.
    An elderly lady in a motorized cart kept following me thru Kroger and eventually stopped to tell me I looked just like her son... and he passed away last year. I provided my sympathies and then she awkwardly asked if I saw her again, if I could pretend and say “Hi Mom” for her commemoration.
    I smiled and nodded, then attempted to avoid her while completing my list.

2 checkout lanes open, and lucky me... I chose the lane she was checking out. There she was right in front of me, here was the moment she had been hoping for... so I did it... “Hey Mom”. She made sure to tell cashier I was her son, we smiled, I laughed it off internally, and she rolled away with her goods.

Cashier proceeded to ring up my items and my bill totaled about $100 more than expected. I questioned the total, and the cashier said “well that includes your moms stuff too!”.

I told cashier that really wasn’t my mom, and glanced towards exit doors to see if I could stop her. She hopped out of her cart, grabbed her bags and headed briskly towards the bus.

Oh no, this lady wasn’t scamming me today. I went after her... as she got on the bus, I lunged forward with an effort to grab her before the bus door closed. I managed to get her leg...

So there I was pulling on her leg...

Just like I’m pulling your leg now! Hahahaha

Have a great Race Weekend everyone!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    giphy-4.gif

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Almost scammed this morning. So I decided to venture to Speedway Kroger this morning for groceries and to scout the ambience of race weekend without the crowd.
    An elderly lady in a motorized cart kept following me thru Kroger and eventually stopped to tell me I looked just like her son... and he passed away last year. I provided my sympathies and then she awkwardly asked if I saw her again, if I could pretend and say “Hi Mom” for her commemoration.

2 checkout lanes open, and lucky me... I chose the lane she was checking out. There she was right in front of me, here was the moment she had been hoping for... so I did it... “Hey Mom”. She made sure to tell cashier I was her son, we smiled, I laughed it off internally, and she rolled away with her goods.

Cashier proceeded to ring up my items and my bill totaled about $100 more than expected. I questioned the total, and the cashier said “well that includes your moms stuff too!”.

I told cashier that really wasn’t my mom, and glanced towards exit doors to see if I could stop her. She hopped out of her cart, grabbed her bags and headed briskly towards the bus.

Oh no, this lady wasn’t scamming me today. I went after her... as she got on the bus, I lunged forward with an effort to grab her before the bus door closed. I managed to get her leg...

It is amazing the lies and twisting people will go through to get what they want. I had a girl at a.grocery store come up and offer me ANY service for $20 and I declined and later saw her in her car with a tiny baby and what looked to be a car full of her belongings, i went back to Wal-Mart and bought a $100 gift card and went back to where she was parked and gave it to her and she again said you can do whatever you want to me, I said not necessary ma'am, she broke into tears and said her boyfriend threw her out 2 nights ago and she didn't have a place to stay or any money to feed her baby and said if I would just feed her baby that she didn't need to eat thats when I told her there was $100 on the card. I told her she will be in my prayer and I told her everything happens for a reason then went on about my way, well really drove around the block, came back ,saw she was not in her car so I parked a little ways away, about 1/2 hour went by and she came out with groceries and her baby, so then I knew she was being truthful with me and asked her to follow me to the hotel across the road (I know what your thinking but that's not what I had in mind or did) I went in and paid for a week stay.. it wasn't the Ramada or anything fancy but it was dry , had micro kitchen, bed and was warm and dry. She invited me in and I declined and said no ma'am and she said you don't think im attractive (she was a very pretty girl) I told her im married and she was floored that being married meant anything to me and went along giving me praises I didnt deserve any how luck my wife is.
    I guess the moral of the story is sometimes people need help and if they would just be honest instead of trying to scam people they may just find even us conservatives have compassion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

6/10

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It is amazing the lies and twisting people will go through to get what they want. I had a girl at a.grocery store come up and offer me ANY service for $20 and I declined and later saw her in her car with a tiny baby and what looked to be a car full of her belongings, i went back to Wal-Mart and bought a $100 gift card and went back to where she was parked and gave it to her and she again said you can do whatever you want to me, I said not necessary ma'am, she broke into tears and said her boyfriend threw her out 2 nights ago and she didn't have a place to stay or any money to feed her baby and said if I would just feed her baby that she didn't need to eat thats when I told her there was $100 on the card. I told her she will be in my prayer and I told her everything happens for a reason then went on about my way, well really drove around the block, came back ,saw she was not in her car so I parked a little ways away, about 1/2 hour went by and she came out with groceries and her baby, so then I knew she was being truthful with me and asked her to follow me to the hotel across the road (I know what your thinking but that's not what I had in mind or did) I went in and paid for a week stay.. it wasn't the Ramada or anything fancy but it was dry , had micro kitchen, bed and was warm and dry. She invited me in and I declined and said no ma'am and she said you don't think im attractive (she was a very pretty girl) I told her im married and she was floored that being married meant anything to me and went along giving me praises I didnt deserve any how luck my wife is.
    I guess the moral of the story is sometimes people need help and if they would just be honest instead of trying to scam people they may just find even us conservatives have compassion.

:ugh:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    This was (to.me obvious that she was really needing help, ive seen it before where the stay at home mom gets tossed out by her boyfriend and she's left with nothing) I was blessed where I could help her and ive wondered from time to time what happened to her. When I got home after that I told my wife about it and she thought I did the right thing because there was a baby involved.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This was (to.me obvious that she was really needing help, ive seen it before where the stay at home mom gets tossed out by her boyfriend and she's left with nothing) I was blessed where I could help her and ive wondered from time to time what happened to her. When I got home after that I told my wife about it and she thought I did the right thing because there was a baby involved.

I think it was because you didn't seem to realize the OP was a joke... ;)

Top Bottom