• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Saw a thread on Arfcom about weird things people keep, but don't necessarily collect.

Well, here you go. Glock 19 mag for size reference. What do you keep for no reason?

JYFoHtf.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My former college roommates would love to answer this for me. On a shelf above my desk sat a can of Progresso Lentil soup for 3 years, a random set of dental x-rays I found on the sidewalk, and a small bust of Goethe.

Fast forward to today and there is a ton of crap in my house I don't use or need.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As an old poor farm raised kid we saved all kinds of things, in case it might come in handy. Power cords off defunct tools and appliances just to name one. It still is an adjustment to live in a throw it away world...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have been getting rid of STUFF for years. I find it hard to toss tools out. You should see my hammer collection. I give them away all the time. I collected milk crates to keep STUFF in. Now I don't want to get rid of the crates. I like having an electric wheelchair around for fun. Now I have 5 chassis in case I break one. I drive myself nuts. It's a desease I tell ya. zzz1.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    A Set of American Rifleman VHS tapes and I don't even own a VCR anymore. Oh, and old blank adapters from my Army days which are long past. I bet I have 6 or 10 of those things still laying around.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    A cabinet full of my favorite bourbons and other assortments of heathen water.
    Haven't had a sip of hooch in nearly four years, just cant bring myself to part with something I was once so fond of.

TheQuietMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2020
    Morocco
    I've got a ton of crap I need to get rid of.

Then again, I also have a ton of crap I don't need... that I'll probably never get rid of...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    A cabinet full of my favorite bourbons and other assortments of heathen water.
    Haven't had a sip of hooch in nearly four years, just cant bring myself to part with something I was once so fond of.

I might know someone who could help you out with that. Me and him are real close, so just let me know when you're ready and i'll let him know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have the leg of an old wooden chair my favorite dog used to gnaw on. I was forced to throw out the chair, but I had to keep something.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    For some reason, I can't pitch spare screws and parts that come with things. Sometimes it pays off having them around, but 99% of the time they are just in the way. I usually reach a purge point, and it all goes... the next thing you know, my not-junk drawer is a junk drawer again.

Top Bottom