• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    After many years of bad teeth I used my stimulus check to do upper dentures. It really wasn't cheap but found a good dentist that I really trust but it Turns out that I really hate wearing my new teeth. Tell me your experience (good or bad) on how to adjust to this new experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having been through maybe 5 sets from 2 different Dentists I finally got a set I can actually do real "Teeth" stuff with. You know like eat a Piece of pizza. Eat a cheeseburger. You know, the simple things we take for granted. It was a really stressful ordeal.

It will take a good amount of time and practice but now mine are second nature. They still bug me and feel foreign but hey, beats the alternative.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Having been through maybe 5 sets from 2 different Dentists I finally got a set I can actually do real "Teeth" stuff with. You know like eat a Piece of pizza. Eat a cheeseburger. You know, the simple things we take for granted. It was a really stressful ordeal.

It will take a good amount of time and practice but now mine are second nature. They still bug me and feel foreign but hey, beats the alternative.

So, were your first set carved from wood better than the modern ones? Lol

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My first set didn't fit very well, had to glue them in all the time. I couldn't stand to eat mashed potatoes, they would get above my teeth and make me want to puke.
    I had that set for about 6 years or so. they broke vertically between the front teeth and also horizontally above the teeth made eating a ***** before I could get in to get a new set.
    My new set fit 10x's better but are still a little loose. I have to put a small amount of powder in the front where they are loose but overall 100% better than the old ones.
    I have a partial lower that I think I wore for a week, can't stand them

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    After 3 weeks a liner made some difference with fit but still not able to eat tacos or bacon. Life has ended at this point.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    In the middle of dealing with this now. Partial lower reline, not perfect but works. 3 teeth pulled on top, partial made. After a month still not able to use it. Have to get it refit.

This mask thing helps, people can't see my missing teeth!!

Don

Top Bottom