• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I don't think it will ever go. The feds won't let control go just in case they can tax the income it generates. Plus it would cut into existing budgets and power. They wont give up anything. Then to top it off Indiana will probably be one of the last states to allow because Big Sis Lilly & company won't like that.

Of course this is just my :twocents:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    With the change in public opinion I doubt that any politicians are gonna want to be seen openly on the “no” side of this.

they have been playing a game of chicken for a while at the fed level with everyone claiming they are not against legalization. Guess it’s getting closer.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Looks like cannabis could become legal on a fed level soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/norml....istoric-house-floor-vote-on-the-more-act/amp/

Seems as tho if the republicans will heed the will of the people we could make some progress.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243908/two-three-americans-support-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

So what do you guys think? Think it will go anywhere?

I do. I don’t see why it wouldn’t, states are already legalizing it all over the country, it’s a losing battle for the feds. Treat it like cigarettes and let people do whatever they want so long as it doesn’t effect another’s life.

I hate to be that guy, but I could care less about this type of stuff. I wish our government treated guns with the same desire they do drugs. Constitutional carry nationwide, no mag limits, etc. I won’t hold my breath.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I got 99 problems, and legal weed doesn't solve any of them. Save it for the second term

You do know Kamala Sutra Harris is the sponsor, yes? The former prosecutor must have needed some street cred

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    First, glad you're not dealing with chemo. No one should have to.

Second, not an issue if street cred. The biggest hit against her from within her party, and one Trump will be able to use really well, is that she was rabid about prosecuting pretty minor pot offenses during her tenure. Given all her BLM talk, and how good Trump is at icepicking hypocrisy, and how strong Trump's record is on criminal justice reform, this is Harris desperately trying to apply a tournequette to her biggest weakness among Dem voters.

I got 99 problems, and legal weed doesn't solve any of them. Save it for the second term

You do know Kamala Sutra Harris is the sponsor, yes? The former prosecutor must have needed some street cred

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Number of new cancer cases per year: 1.8 million

Number of people admitting to using the leaf: 11.8 million

I make that 6.5x as many people ready to undergo chemo as could possibly be doing so. Good to be prepared I guess

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the stats. You said you had 99 problems and weed wouldn't solve any of them. As I said, glad you're not in that 1.8 million.

Number of new cancer cases per year: 1.8 million

Number of people admitting to using the leaf: 11.8 million

I make that 6.5x as many people ready to undergo chemo as could possibly be doing so. Good to be prepared I guess

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Looks like cannabis could become legal on a fed level soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/norml....istoric-house-floor-vote-on-the-more-act/amp/

Seems as tho if the republicans will heed the will of the people we could make some progress.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243908/two-three-americans-support-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

So what do you guys think? Think it will go anywhere?

Something tells me that the vote being scheduled for September in an election year does not bode well for its future.

Remember, it's not about nationwide polls. It's about specific districts.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Make it legal and tax it, if it's legal at the federal level banks can now get into the "industry" making taxing easier. This is by far and away one of the stupidest laws on the books and needs to be fixed. Trump could even frame this as a victory for himself further bolstering his CJ reform efforts.

If only I had the same hope for the Indiana legislators (I don't they are the political version of a classic older than dirt Fudd who watched "reefer madness" one too many times).

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There's precedent, to my understanding, that a President could effectively legalize it federally via EO -- The scheduling process can be railroaded by congress but it's fundamentally breaucratic.

If Trump did that, in the context of already having stumped for the First Step act....

Make it legal and tax it, if it's legal at the federal level banks can now get into the "industry" making taxing easier. This is by far and away one of the stupidest laws on the books and needs to be fixed. Trump could even frame this as a victory for himself further bolstering his CJ reform efforts.

If only I had the same hope for the Indiana legislators (I don't they are the political version of a classic older than dirt Fudd who watched "reefer madness" one too many times).

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I feel like I read somewhere that the Indiana powers that be refuse to talk about it until it's legal on the fed level.

Indiana is very big and proud of our surplus and how well we do as a state. If it was legal on a fed level I think it would be hard for them to ignore the million's of dollars try could bring in with little work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it would be great for doctors to legally write prescriptions for pot.

We can address the intoxication addiction we have as a society with tax revenue netted. Cigarette-like taxation earned from pot sales...

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom