• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I purchased, and PAID FOR a couch from the Greenwood Ashley Furniture store EIGHT WEEKS AGO. At the time, they promised delivery in 4-6 weeks. At six weeks, it took me OVER TWO HOURS to reach a live person on the phone, and they promised to check into it and call me back, which NEVER HAPPENED. Three days ago, at EIGHT WEEKS I called and was informed that it would be a MINIMUM of 16 MORE WEEKS before they could deliver my couch. I went online and worked with one of their online shopping assistants to ask if I purchased the couch today, when they could deliver it. They promised me 8 weeks or LESS. So, they are still selling these couches and LYING to customers about how long it will take for delivery. Them having my money for SIX MONTHS without delivering a product seems almost criminal. I was told that the only way I could cancel my order would be with a manager, and there would be a “restock” charge. I have waited for THREE DAYS for a call back from a manager, which has NOT HAPPENED.. Luckily I used a credit card, so I am just going to do a chargeback, and I will REFUSE to pay a restocking fee. I just wanted to put the warning out there to others that might consider shopping at Ashley Furniture.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would become a thorn. Post on their FB posts (assuming they are on FB), complain to BBB, etc.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My wife and I were shopping for new furniture a few weeks ago. Since we are now NOT moving (long story) we decided to update. Went to Bob's furniture since we had a good experience when we bought our new bed and mattress. The sales rep who worked with us told us he couldn't currently guarantee a delivery time. Apparently the COVID has halted the production of furniture. Raw materials are scarce and people who assemble it aren't working. He said some stuff like dressers and mattresses are available but couches, chairs, dinner tables and the like are MONTHS out. Ashley should have told you the same. Though it's not necessarily their fault the product isn't in stock they should have been up front about it. Needless to say we haven't bought new furniture yet.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That restock fee is BS, if its 16 weeks then clearly the sofa is not IN stock, so there's nothing to REstock
    Exactly.

The criteria for your purchase wasn’t met. You were told 8 weeks, and that’s changed. As far as I’m concerned once you change the agreement of the purchase I’m free to back out of the purchase, bs fees can be shoved in whatever crevice they choose but I ain’t payin it.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I purchased, and PAID FOR a couch from the Greenwood Ashley Furniture store EIGHT WEEKS AGO. At the time, they promised delivery in 4-6 weeks. At six weeks, it took me OVER TWO HOURS to reach a live person on the phone, and they promised to check into it and call me back, which NEVER HAPPENED. Three days ago, at EIGHT WEEKS I called and was informed that it would be a MINIMUM of 16 MORE WEEKS before they could deliver my couch. I went online and worked with one of their online shopping assistants to ask if I purchased the couch today, when they could deliver it. They promised me 8 weeks or LESS. So, they are still selling these couches and LYING to customers about how long it will take for delivery. Them having my money for SIX MONTHS without delivering a product seems almost criminal. I was told that the only way I could cancel my order would be with a manager, and there would be a “restock” charge. I have waited for THREE DAYS for a call back from a manager, which has NOT HAPPENED.. Luckily I used a credit card, so I am just going to do a chargeback, and I will REFUSE to pay a restocking fee. I just wanted to put the warning out there to others that might consider shopping at Ashley Furniture.
    Thats sad to here both for you and them. They used to be ran very well by a Christian owner that was just a bubbly loving kind of person. A friend of mine that works there is constantly praising their family like work environment...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At least with Smith Bros., I know the factory is isn't more than an hour away, so if I have to drive there and get answers...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    When I moved to Avon I bought a bedroom suite from Ashley. They delivered and set it up fine but NOTHING was as nice as it was in the showroom! The dresser drawers were extremely hard to open and close, the bed frame didn’t want to sit square and the nightstand drawer didn’t want to go all the way in. After a couple calls to them they said the retail store is separate from the return/repair section. After numerous calls to that section a crew came out and fixed, sorta, some of the problems but to this day, 5 years, I haven’t used two of the dresser drawers for anything but long term storage. I gave the bed to my nephew and put the nightstand on the side of the bed near the corner of the room. Would NEVER recommend them to anyone looking for decent furniture.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I would not only cancel the CC charge, but contact the state AG about them claiming one time frame for a new purchase, but a longer one for an existing order..
    that is a bit of fraud..

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would not only cancel the CC charge, but contact the state AG about them claiming one time frame for a new purchase, but a longer one for an existing order..
    that is a bit of fraud..

this x10. They need their hands smacked for blatantly lying to customers.

Their only out could be that indeed in 4 weeks, they will be receiving a shipment of this exact product and the rep was assuming the new order would be filled at the same time as your older order. (assuming you inquired about the exact same sku)

But I honestly doubt that is what is going on. They just dont want to lose the sale.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always looked at Ashley as being pretty much on par with Value City Furniture. Looks decent enough, but not high quality by any means.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My wife still remembers our trip to Ashley looking for couch and a recliner. In the shop 30 min and no one came over to see us in an empty store. I flipped the recliner over to see how it was put together and a salesman showed up within seconds to ask me what I was looking for and if I could use any help. I said not after looking under here.

Bought Best Furniture made in Indiana instead of some overseas factory. Was the right decision

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would become a thorn. Post on their FB posts (assuming they are on FB), complain to BBB, etc.

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS! BBB, Attorney General complaint, posting on all their social media.....sadly some companies will not pay any attention until you make yourself the squeaky wheel. I don't like doing it, but paying for and not receiving what I pay for frustrates and irritates me so much more.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Apparently the COVID has halted the production of furniture. Raw materials are scarce and people who assemble it aren't working. He said some stuff like dressers and mattresses are available but couches, chairs, dinner tables and the like are MONTHS out.

This kind of thing is what leads me to believe that our economy is headed right toward the cliff's edge.

Lots of folks who aren't working, and thus don't have money to spend / pay bills.
    Lots of folks trying to spend money, but there's no takers.

And for the places that are employing, the product/service produced is below average because the employees they can choose from are inexperienced or unable to deliver the goods.

Nobody working & help-wanted signs everywhere...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've bought a lot of items from Ashley over the years (Castleton store), we have one guy there that is our go to for purchases. We've never had any issues with the furniture we've bought. We just ordered a couch but our guy was non-committal on delivery so I don't have high expectations, I know everything has been shut down. Sorry you had a bad experience.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Lot of industries having problems getting product to sell. I was interested in a couple bicycles. My local dealer had nothing and wouldn't even let me order one. He said he has 350 bikes on back-order right now, with no clue when he'll get more. At least he was honest with me, unlike your Ashley store. Stores are getting desperate, just trying to stay alive. Although things may get worse before they get better, it will create incentive and opportunities for Americans to start making stuff again. There's definitely pent up demand, and money to be made.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My wife and I were shopping for new furniture a few weeks ago. Since we are now NOT moving (long story) we decided to update. Went to Bob's furniture since we had a good experience when we bought our new bed and mattress. The sales rep who worked with us told us he couldn't currently guarantee a delivery time. Apparently the COVID has halted the production of furniture. Raw materials are scarce and people who assemble it aren't working. He said some stuff like dressers and mattresses are available but couches, chairs, dinner tables and the like are MONTHS out. Ashley should have told you the same. Though it's not necessarily their fault the product isn't in stock they should have been up front about it. Needless to say we haven't bought new furniture yet.

....and THIS Is why we have bought everything from Bob's since they opened. We used to be a Kittle's customer but their total lack of customer service and the fact most of everything they sell is Chinese or Vietnamese we decided to fire them and hire Bob.

We have spent close to $7,000 with Bob in the last couple of years and we will go back to buy more when the supply shapes up. I honestly hope their sales guys are being paid a hourly or salary wage and not 100% commissions.

Top Bottom