• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Took several hundred photos on a vacation last year and there are some I want to have printed for display. Of course I left the date stamp feature on thinking it would make it easier to ID locations later. Forgot it would look crappy when printed.

I googled this and there appear to be several free or cheap programs for this. Anyone have experience with any? Wondershare Fotophire? Inpaint?

Sample of offending date stamp

attachment.php

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Took several hundred photos on a vacation last year and there are some I want to have printed for display. Of course I left the date stamp feature on thinking it would make it easier to ID locations later. Forgot it would look crappy when printed.

I googled this and there appear to be several free or cheap programs for this. Anyone have experience with any?

Sample of offending date stamp

attachment.php
    I believe exif is a app that can do it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I believe exif is a app that can do it.

I use it for removing all location data that is encoded in ANY digital picture. There was only a few years ago that was taking that data from photos posted on various social media accounts and using it to pick out the next girl he was going to abduct and rape.( picture parent had posted of their little girls at school, bus stops, home etc)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I would suggest downloading this old free version of Photoshop.
    https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

Once you get it set up, the tool that looks like a bandaid will help camouflage the date stamp.

I used it on this one and it took about five seconds. It does work better if the timestamp is in a spot that is not essential to the photo. If it's on a person or a thing rather than a background, it will not work as well.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

Once you get it set up, the tool that looks like a bandaid will help camouflage the date stamp.

I used it on this one and it took about five seconds.

It also has settings where you can clear all the meta data of the picture.. i know you can clear and change the date also.. is how you just did it to your satisfaction?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It also has settings where you can clear all the meta data of the picture.. i know you can clear and change the date also.. is how you just did it to your satisfaction?

It is for this picture, but probably would not be for every picture. I didn't know about that setting, which does seem like it would be more efficient.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It is for this picture, but probably would not be for every picture. I didn't know about that setting, which does seem like it would be more efficient.
    Its been a while since I've used it so I cant tell you exactly where to go but im pretty sure it will do what you want

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Wow! Thanks Ms. Dragon, that is perfect. Most all of the photos I want to print are landscapes or cityscapes and the corner date areas are not the focus anyway. Thanks all for your input. That was settled quickly.

I used it on this one and it took about five seconds. It does work better if the timestamp is in a spot that is not essential to the photo. If it's on a person or a thing rather than a background, it will not work as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Right click the photos icon in windows and select properties, then remove data, and another window opens that you can click to remove all data and it creates a copy of the photo without meta data.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wow! Thanks Ms. Dragon, that is perfect. Most all of the photos I want to print are landscapes or cityscapes and the corner date areas are not the focus anyway. Thanks all for your input. That was settled quickly.
    You might want to also look into what IngoMike is talking about, but the bandaid tool is really nice for removing imperfections. It removes small bits of the photo by filling in with the surrounding background. I sometimes use it to "sweep" the floor after the fact when I take pictures of my dogs. :laugh:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I use it for removing all location data that is encoded in ANY digital picture. There was only a few years ago that was taking that data from photos posted on various social media accounts and using it to pick out the next girl he was going to abduct and rape.( picture parent had posted of their little girls at school, bus stops, home etc)

Yeah, but that's not what's here . These photos actually have the timestamp as part of the image, not digital data.

Top Bottom