• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don't know uses black umbrellas, presumably for evil (I use one for rain), but they deserve what they get from any umbrella that costs $1/foot.

Pretty sure my leatherman has enough horsepower to defeat that as a weapon.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Protesters are using umbrellas as shields. Could there be a link?

[FONT=&quot]
    ZkUiYSN.jpg
    [/FONT]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Protesters are using umbrellas as shields. Could there be a link?

Yep. Its called "Capitalism". (Sell what the people want)

Though a really s**ty way to make $$. What's next? ordering in pallets of factory second bricks including deeply discounted partial bricks?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It most likely not what it looks like. Covid not only disrupted a lot of supply chains but also shifted what products that were in high demand in the Spring. Stores were trying to meet the high demand for essential items so they weren't putting out the normal spring products. Also take into account that some products that were ordered and meant to be sold in the spring are just now showing up due to delays in manufacturing or delivery not mention companies are now moving products out of their warehouses that normally would have been sold in the Spring to make room for new products heading into winter. Optics look bad but I don't think it's a conspiracy aimed at helping violent protestors.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I mean, it may be a good way to track who is purchasing them.
    If you walk into a store and buy anything now, you're on film driving there. Walking through the lot. Shopping through the store. Probably even taking a crap. Checking out. Getting back into your vehicle. ....
    I dont put it past a retailer to be greedy either but I always look at other angles even if that makes me a little crazy;)

But also fall is rainy.
    Fyi, lowes is also selling large umbrellas up by their checkout

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oddly enough I was thinking about getting one of those to use for shade on our labor day boat trip. But I'm about as pasty white as you can get without being a ghost.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    FWIW, I worked at HD for years when I was in school and they sold umbrellas back then too in a riot-free world.

Really, I just think it's funny that they think an umbrella is going to help them if the police are told to actually start policing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Seems an odd time of year to put out boxes of very large umbrellas. These 5ft ones showed up in the last 3 days at two different Home Depot's. One in Indianapolis and the one off of 135 in Greenwood. Both have boxes of them(20 count) now by the front registers.

Who uses black umbrellas again?

Funeral homes. :dunno:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    But also fall is rainy.
    Fyi, lowes is also selling large umbrellas up by their checkout

I think we've maybe zeroed in on the biggest part.

Also, more people are spending time outdoors now since large indoor recreation opportunities (concerts, sporting events, etc.) stay closed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have this insane theory that involves August being a relatively dry month and the rains starting up again in September...

...and I have one of these umbrellas 3 feet from where I sit now...because it is raining today.

giphy.gif

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've actually been looking for a large umbrella or 3. Haven't been able to find any the last couple of months. Suspected it was the "dry" season, and that government-mandated shutdowns impacted supply of "non-essential" items. Nice to know they are showing back up. I'll have to grab a few.

And no, mine will not be used as a (not very effective or reliable) shield. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom