• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. This is a pretty good written article by someone with a sense of humor.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...lized-license-plates-indiana-rejected-in-2020

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I guess WTFOVER would be frowned upon?
    My guess is anything with WTF is automatically dismissed.

I remember reading a story quite a few years ago about a tree farm in Ohio that was named something like White's Tree Farm or WTF. The owner had a personalized plate saying WTF for something like 30 years. When it was renewed, WTF was no longer acceptable.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    [video=youtube;hzHOmiV0eGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHOmiV0eGU[/video]

If language is too bad please remove. I don’t think ass is on the banned words list but not sure. Funny episode tho

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I remember someone in Illinois getting a plate that said “ZYKLON B”. When the DMV was informed of their mistake, they demanded it back, but it was somehow “lost in a boating accident”.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I high school one of my classmates had a plate that simply said “Booze”. They allowed it because it WAS his last name, and his father was a prominent doctor.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If any of you old Bob & Tom fans might remember Drew Hastings plate. He had some 70's land yatch and his plate said "Jukeanew". His story to the DMV was the Juke-A-New was a dance he had created.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Slight threadjack, but I once read an article about racehorse names that got rejected and a few that slipped by. One that got approved was "Liquor Wrecked Him," which doesn't seem too bad until you say it out loud.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Slight threadjack, but I once read an article about racehorse names that got rejected and a few that slipped by. One that got approved was "Liquor Wrecked Him," which doesn't seem too bad until you say it out loud.

My favorite was "Hoof Hearted"

[video=youtube_share;Kqj2hkbDnyM]http://youtu.be/Kqj2hkbDnyM[/video]

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have TEMBO7.
    I'll be fine as long as the leftists don't figure out Tembo is Swahili for elephant. They might guess I'm Republican and vandalize the Trailblazer.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had ENTROPY for a while, as you might expect. I used to encounter a station wagon in traffic, an Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser, whose first four letters had somehow gone missing.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Friend of mine had a personalized plate on the front of his 73 Camaro. The personalized plate was his first name “WADE”. He was running late for school and driving faster than he should of when he was headed for the train tracks. He decided to see if he could jump them. He lost control on landing and went in the ditch on the right side. He over corrected and went in the ditch on the left side. This slowed him down enough that he was able to get the camaro back in the road and make it to school.

What Wade didn’t know was that the E got knocked off the personalized plate and it now read “WAD”. That was in 1980 and his sophomore year in highschool. He’s a grown man and people still call him Wad. The paint on the truck in my Avatar was done by Wad.

Top Bottom