Need something to watch and have an interest in history?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I just finished a series of 19 videos by Fall of Civilizations.
    They are very well done and I learned a few things I had not known. Give an episode a try.Most episodes are around 1 hour.

The link takes you to all 19 episodes,and you can pick something that interests you. The bottom 9 are audio only,the top 10 are audio and visual.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FallofCivilizationsPodcast/videos

Feel free to share you history videos here for all to see :)

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    YouTube has Mark Felton, he does a lot of wwii and wwi stuff. Really good. Also history that deserves to be remembered, by the history guy. Both of those channels are what the history channel used to be.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hola, smoke

If you need something fascinating to watch now that you have finished that series, check out the two episodes of a documentary called "Always, Never" about the tension and conflict between the scientists and military in regard to fail safes and safeties on nuclear weapons early in their development and deployment

The military was blissfully unconcerned about unintended detonation and more worried about being certain the devices would detonate when desired. There are some truly hair raising incidents documented

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For anybody interested in the history of April 19, 1775 you should listen to the story as told by INGO's own yellowhousejake (Dave Goodrich) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA

Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer is the basis for this story. You can pick up a copy here ... https://www.reveresriders.org/shop/product-category/books/

OH YES THIS!

Ive burned it to DVD and have watched it several times. Its an excellent telling of the story. A bit long (90 minutes) but VERY much worth it. Dont let the length discourage you when you start the video and see the timeline.

I (along with quite a few INGOers) had the pleasure of seeing it delivered live.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Hola, smoke

If you need something fascinating to watch now that you have finished that series, check out the two episodes of a documentary called "Always, Never" about the tension and conflict between the scientists and military in regard to fail safes and safeties on nuclear weapons early in their development and deployment

The military was blissfully unconcerned about unintended detonation and more worried about being certain the devices would detonate when desired. There are some truly hair raising incidents documented

There was a part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a1exo_vU_k&ab_channel=SandiaNationalLabs

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    youtube has a buttload of history on it for free.

The history guy has already been mentioned. I'll try to come up with some others when I remember them.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Russian's take on the Crimean War (World War Zero) and other topics is available on youtube through Star Media.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Simple History
    Oversimplified is HILARIOUS. It animates history in an incredibly oversimplified way. For example they cover the ENTIRETY of WW2 in 40 minutes. Or the American Revolution in under 30.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've been watching the Dust science fiction shorts mostly. They're good stuff. I muchly favor history, though. I have for a long time. Going to tag this for the collection of urls. As I search my ancestry, I find ancestors that are prominent parts of some of European history, and I'm trying to tell my own story from the breathtaking romp through English, Scottish, and French history, reaching back into Rome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been watching the Dust science fiction shorts mostly. They're good stuff. I muchly favor history, though. I have for a long time. Going to tag this for the collection of urls. As I search my ancestry, I find ancestors that are prominent parts of some of European history, and I'm trying to tell my own story from the breathtaking romp through English, Scottish, and French history, reaching back into Rome.

Dust is a great sci-fi channel.
    It's hit or miss.
    But the hits make it worth it.

Top Bottom