9GnblTo.jpeg

Where were you?

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Junior in high school/vocational school. Took off from morning classes to go to eye doctor for contacts. Heard the first plane hit on the raido, Watched it all unfold in the lobby of the eye doctors office. Never did have my appointment that day. The Doctor, his staff, myself and another patient just set in silence in the waiting room around an old TV. Remeber going home and waking my dad up(He worked 3rd shift) before I went to vocational. I'll never forget the talk we had. He was 100 percent correct when he said, "Son, everything is different from this point forward". My vocational welding instructor talked about what to expect in the coming days(Vietnam vet) and told us all to leave and go home.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On this night 19 years ago, 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00am, Sept 11, 2001.

In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Walked in to my 6th grade science class shortly after the first plane hit. My teacher was just starting at the tv sobbing. Everyone just filed in and sat in silence watching tv. I don't think a single word was said the entire class period by anyone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Saw something interesting on the news this morning. Nobody that's in school today (grades K-12 at least) was even born when 9/11 happened. For them, it is history. They have no personal recollection of the events that day and in the days to follow. Given the state of education today, especially with regards to the teaching of history, that's a worry.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I was on vacation with my wife in Laguna Beach Ca. We were going to go to San Diego zoo then a Padres night game. With both canceled we went for a hike in Cleveland national forrest.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was about to leave for work (not quite 3 years in practice) and had Good Morning America on when the first airplane hit. Here in the Central Time Zone, we got such shows delayed by an hour, but they broke in live. They had no idea what had happened and were assuming a small plane and an accident.

I headed out, got im my Jimmy and turned on the radio. I heard it live when the second airplane hit as a reporter was right there talking about the first airplane.

We all gathered in our big conference room at work and watched everything else happen.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Saw something interesting on the news this morning. Nobody that's in school today (grades K-12 at least) was even born when 9/11 happened. For them, it is history. They have no personal recollection of the events that day and in the days to follow. Given the state of education today, especially with regards to the teaching of history, that's a worry.
    But some of them are missing parents due to that day or the war that followed. Or have parents that served in the war or were wounded.
    We must teach them that they have a vested interest in never forgetting too.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Nineteen years ago, September 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2001 our World changed. This was “my” generations Pearl Harbor, against a far more elusive enemy.

Remember…

North Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of 1 World Trade Center (North Tower). The 76 passengers and 11 crew members on board and hundreds inside the building are killed instantly. The crash severs all three emergency stairwells and traps hundreds of people above the 91st floor.

South Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of 2 World Trade Center (South Tower), killing the 51 passengers and nine crew members onboard the aircraft and an unknown number of people inside the building. The impact renders two of the three emergency stairwells impassable and severs a majority of the elevator cables in this area, trapping many above the impact zone and inside elevator cars.

Attack at the Pentagon

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 in to the Pentagon. The 53 passengers and six crew members on board perish. The crash and ensuing fire kill 125 military and civilian personnel on the ground.

United Flight 93

United 93 was climbing to cruising altitude, heading west over New Jersey and into Pennsylvania. At 9:25 am, Flight 93 was above eastern Ohio, and its pilot radioed Cleveland controllers to inquire about an alert that had been flashed on his cockpit computer screen to "beware of cockpit intrusion." Three minutes later, Cleveland controllers could hear screams over the cockpit's open microphone.

Todd Beamer told Lisa Jefferson (a United Airlines Customer Service agent) via AirCell that the passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words to Jefferson.

When the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allah Akbar". Lebanese terrorist Ziad Samir Jarrah repeatedly pitched the plane to knock passengers off their feet, but the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:17, a male passenger said, "Turn it up!" A second later, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" At 10:02:33, Jarrah was heard to plead, "Hey! Hey! Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me."

The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles per hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. According to Vice President Dick Cheney.

(With thanks to Wikipedia)

Before the attackers plan could be completed the everyday American’s on flight 93 had already began to fight back. Like the Militia members at Concord’s North Bridge, when attacked American’s rose to the challenge. We haven’t stopped since.

REMEMBER!!!

I was in the Maintenance and Engineering headquarters of the tenth largest U.S. airline on this day nineteen years ago. I was consumed with the acquisition and entry into service of a two billion dollar fleet renewal and expansion. Along with many of my coworkers, I watched as 19 murdering bas**** used the tools of my profession to murder thousands of my fellow citizens. I remember all to vividly the moment the second aircraft struck the World Trade Center as I had the epiphany that my Nation was under attack, using civil aircraft...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I celebrate D-Day (June 6th 1944) every year (and other historical events) and I wasn't alive in 1944's.
    I don't think it's a worry. :dunno:

They will learn about 9/11.Their parents most likely witnessed it on TV.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I celebrate D-Day (June 6th 1944) every year (and other historical events) and I wasn't alive in 1944's.
    I don't think it's a worry. :dunno:

They will learn about 9/11.Their parents most likely witnessed it on TV.
    It didn't used to be a worry Sylvain, but here, they've been "adjusting" history for years. Facts are taboo in many cases. Many want to pretend that things didn't happen. :lala: Just look at all the confederate statues that have been removed, books like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn banned, movies like Gone With The Wind condemned, etc..

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was at Brooks AFB, San Antonio, at my desk when someone came in said a plane ran into one of the towers. I went to the conference room where TV was turned on and I think by then the second plane had hit. I was watching a Pentagon press briefing when you could see the briefer stop and the room shake, and the news guys spoke over it saying "something happened". I thought, "yeah, another plane" with turned out to be true. The briefing was on the opposite side of the Pentagon from where the plane hit. A lieutenant that had worked for me had transferred to the Pentagon not long before. Took a few days before I could get ahold of him, he was OK.

One of the contractors that worked for me was on leave that week, in Alaska on a hunt out in the boonies. He and his group were dropped off by a float plane on the banks of a river, pilot told them he'd be back in a week, and if he didn't show up on time the first day, the back up was same time next day, and same again if he couldn't make it again. On the appointed day he didn't show, so they set up camp again, waited 24 hours, and ... no show. I think it took four days before the pilot showed up and told them he wasn't able to pick them up earlier because all planes had been grounded.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Nineteen years and two months ago Tatyana Koryagina made the presentation to Russia's parliament that the study of economic data indicated that the United States was about to be attacked, told who, and why, and when. The Russian press reported the presentation. The predicted when date was two weeks off, but hey that's not bad for an economist, even for an economic adviser to Vlad Putin.

Top Bottom