• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm pretty excited. I just got to DC and will be attending a lunch tomorrow at the Spy Museum with Mike Pence as the speaker. I have an Indiana face mask and am hoping to get noticed :):

Not sure what it'll be like for protests and what not. I'm planning to cruise all the outdoor sites that I can cram in today.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Dr+Smith+and+Robot.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    All streets; when I last visited D.C., the tour book said be out of the city before sundown and never be in public alone.

Funny, I was there for meetings/lobbying in 1998. Stayed at the Hotel Washington across from the White House. Took several evening strolls including across the river and never had a problem.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Funny, I was there for meetings/lobbying in 1998. Stayed at the Hotel Washington across from the White House. Took several evening strolls including across the river and never had a problem.

Funny how all some folks that have never been there longer than a quick tour know so much more about a place than people that grew up on and in the beltway and still go there know.
    Doc, have fun while you are in DC. Walk all the tourist areas you wish and feel safe while you are doing it, take a ride on the Metro, get dinner and a few drinks on M street, Walk the Mall and see its sites....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Funny how all some folks that have never been there longer than a quick tour know so much more about a place than people that grew up on and in the beltway and still go there know.
    Doc, have fun while you are in DC. Walk all the tourist areas you wish and feel safe while you are doing it, take a ride on the Metro, get dinner and a few drinks on M street, Walk the Mall and see its sites....

I was simply commenting on my experience. And as I clearly stated it was from 22 years ago, the "funny" part is how things may have changed, and not a challenge to anyone's comments on the current state of affairs.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My congressperson said that anyplace out of site of the Mall at night is a crap shoot. Knew a congresswoman mugged trying to get to her apartment one block away. If you choose to roam to see the nightlife keep your head on a swivel and have a plan.

I like a lot of places in Old Town Alexandria but don't go alone and don't kid myself about the realities. Also, Old Ebbit's Grill a block from the WH is a fun place to go and sit where the Brits did to watch as they burned the place down during the War of 1812; good food and Port for desert.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    two marine one copterd went over my head while I was finding coconuts washed up along the potomac. I would not have predicted that.

I got a 24hr lime scooter pass. these things are a blast!

Top Bottom