• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Have not seen a PS5 thread and figured there would be a few interested. Online retailers are taking pre-orders now, a lot faster than expected IMHO.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    500 for the digital only version? another 200 for the ability to read discs?

NVM bestbuy has it at 499 for the disc version

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    There aren't any launch titles I'm interested in. I normally adopt the new console with the next GTA and Rockstar is saying 2022/23 for GTA VI. So... No rush. I still have plenty of PS4 games I haven't gotten around to either. A new Metal Gear or Uncharted would get me to adopt too, but I'm not seeing those on the horizon either.

Side note: It's asinine that we've gone an entire generation with no new GTA game.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This generation of console will be interesting to watch. They've pushed up the hardware specs to try and give PC gaming some competition and at the same time are making a push to do away with physical media. Inching slightly closer to their wet dream of not having the consumers actually own anything. "Break our rules and we take away your entire digital library of games."

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Inching slightly closer to their wet dream of not having the consumers actually own anything. "Break our rules and we take away your entire digital library of games."

...and it will be at that point that I will get off the train for life. The way I'm running the math, I'll be about 50 by the time they get there and probably be more worried about not being sent the elderly death camps than video games.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Meh, I belong to the PC Master Race, though I do still have an XBox that has played more dvd's than games the past year. Never was a Sony / Playstation fan due to mod restrictions. I also do not like paying to play games online which both platforms do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This generation of console will be interesting to watch. They've pushed up the hardware specs to try and give PC gaming some competition and at the same time are making a push to do away with physical media. Inching slightly closer to their wet dream of not having the consumers actually own anything. "Break our rules and we take away your entire digital library of games."

This. Mrs Monkey is finally coming around to my demanding physical media. I still recall early days of e-books where a publisher deleted all copies of a book from everyone's devices because it was decided they didnt want it out anymore. I forget the reason. But the people that had paid for the book had no recourse thanks to the EULA that nobody read giving them the right to remove content without compensation.

And I had heard it was 400 for the digital only and 500 for the drive model. Quite a premium for a drive that probably only costs them $40.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ^^
    I got mine, that being said Reddit and 4Chan are making eBay bots driving up the prices of Playstation 5's, and the new 3080 card for PC. Check out some of the listings I think one PS5 is at like 80 grand or something crazy.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I managed to get an X-Box Series S and a Series X. No PS5 yet. But Best Buy is having a drop online on 12/15 at 8AM Central time. I'm going for it.

I'm also selling the X-Boxes I have, so if anyone is interested, please dm me.

Top Bottom