Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: recommended outboard repair guy, SW Indy

User Info Menu

Thanks bw. Iíve got one of those too. Luckily our plan was to hit one of the trolling motor only ponds today anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Ah, didn't know there was such an animal. I had used regular Gumout when I got chastised by the mechanic. He didn't mention that there was one made for 2-cycle.
    Walmart used to carry it. I have no need for it now so I haven't looked for it in a few years.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

User Info Menu

Interesting, I hadnt heard of that either.

But given how after shooting it in almost kills it due to the mix, and how little you have to use, I cant imagine it doing any damage.

At least with this motor, its not like you can fog it and keep the motor running (without the oil)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

But given how after shooting it in almost kills it due to the mix, and how little you have to use, I cant imagine it doing any damage.

At least with this motor, its not like you can fog it and keep the motor running (without the oil)
    I think you'd have to do several "cycles" (spray till it almost dies, let it recover, repeat) for it to cause harm, but after he told me that I haven't done it since, just to be on the safe side.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

One of the reasons it kills it in a two stroke is you are washing the oil off the cylinder walls when you spray regular carb cleaner in a two stroke...
    Its not the mix that does the damage, its the dry cylinder walls and the dry rings rapidly going up and down that causes the instant wear because its starting to seize up..

Two stroke cleaner has lubricant in it..Sea Foam has a lubricant in it.... Same reason you use starter fluid with oil in it....
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3