• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Local roaster Old Crown’s “Book Burner” brewed in an Aeropress although I don’t heat the water to 451F. Sipping from my Black Rifle Coffee Company cup. For backpacking I like the BRCC Instant Sticks better than the Starbucks Via.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Well, I'm kind of a coffee mutt. I can appreciate good coffee, but all to often for me it is volume over quality.

My normal day coffee is Kirkland (Costco) brand fine ground. Good stuff for the money.

Weekend coffee has been Kirkland Pacific Bold or Medium Roast K-pods. Good stuff, but kind of pricey. (wife doesn't care for the Pacific Bold)

Wife just made fresh ground Dunkin Donuts, haven't decided yet...

The bad part is I have discovered that my body just no longer tolerates coffee made in my preferred way, with a screen filter. Screen filtered coffee apparently drives my Triglycerides through the roof, so it's back to bland paper filtered coffee. Getting older sucks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll drink about any coffee. Really liked the last batch of BRCC I ordered, but mostly its just Maxwell House

Ingo and a couple of local LEO's have me hooked on BRCC and its many roasts.
    I have concocted a blend of 2 favorites and grind/blend them to my tastes.

I have drank about anything that was available in the day but not so much anymore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Having forced myself to learn to drink "vending machine coffee" back in the late 70's (really awful stuff back then), just about any coffee tastes good to me now. I tried everything to make that stuff taste good back then, but nothing seemed to help, so I just said screw it and stuck with black. :):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I'm kind of a coffee mutt. I can appreciate good coffee, but all to often for me it is volume over quality.
    Same. I can't afford good coffee when I drink 4 cups a day. For me, it's either Folgers Columbian or Maxwell House Columbian, whichever is on sale.

On a different note. Does anyone ever feel like their coffee tastes like cigarette ashes? I don't smoke and I'm not around smoke at all. Sometimes I take a drink of coffee and it tastes like I'm drinking it out of an ashtray. Don't know if it's just me or what.

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis

My normal day coffee is Kirkland (Costco) brand fine ground. Good stuff for the money.

Weekend coffee has been Kirkland Pacific Bold or Medium Roast K-pods. Good stuff, but kind of pricey. (wife doesn't care for the Pacific Bold)

Wife just made fresh ground Dunkin Donuts, haven't decided yet...

The bad part is I have discovered that my body just no longer tolerates coffee made in my preferred way, with a screen filter. Screen filtered coffee apparently drives my Triglycerides through the roof, so it's back to bland paper filtered coffee. Getting older sucks!

That kirkland is actually great for the price, really decent coffee

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Still haven't dirtied it up but found this

a 1960's Revere Ware Dripolater in a charity resale shop while on a business trip out of state.
    For coffee we love fresh ground, generally light to medium roasts.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Still haven't dirtied it up but found this

a 1960's Revere Ware Dripolater in a charity resale shop while on a business trip out of state.
    For coffee we love fresh ground, generally light to medium roasts.
    That looks awesome. I love Revere Ware. My pots and pans are nearly all vintage Revere Ware. A few months ago I found an old Revere Dutch Oven with the original lid at a Habitat for Humanity resale shop. It was 30% off, which brought it down from $1.00 to $0.70.

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Let me guess....

giphy.gif

Top Bottom