I SO misunderstood this song in my youth.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Ok, I think the video posted correctly, so I'll provide my commentary. When I was young, I thought it was wrong that he would leave a good woman to run around the country chasing his dreams.

Now I know that a good woman would have been chasing his dreams with him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok, I think the video posted correctly, so I'll provide my commentary. When I was young, I thought it was wrong that he would leave a good woman to run around the country chasing his dreams.

Or a third possibility... the good woman gave him the freedom to go chasing his dreams and waited for him no matter what. That's the way I interpreted it. :)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I always thought that she simply had different dreams and the point was to not fall in love with someone whose dreams are incompatible with yours.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I remember thinking that the woman should have just told the singer to go **** himself. Still do.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    To me this song says a lot. In the spring of 1973 I told Darrell Waltrip I couldn't join his NASCAR team because my high school sweetheart that later became my ex-wife wanted me to stay home. At the time I worked for Bill and Ray Skillman ( yes that Ray Skillman) and later Ray told me to never let a woman change your dreams. Darrell got big and never asked again. I shoulda listened.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Dave wrote the song one night when he didn't even have a woman waiting for him back in Tennessee. It just exagerated his feeling of isolation. Don't over think it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dave wrote the song one night when he didn't even have a woman waiting for him back in Tennessee. It just exagerated his feeling of isolation. Don't over think it.

I remember the song well when it came out. I was 13, and we had been staying at a "dude ranch" in Colorado and I met some little girl (my age) and had a big crush on her. She was from Anaheim, CA and of course I was from Indy. Broke my heart when we both had to go back home... Every time that song would come on I thought of her. *sniff* :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

iu

Top Bottom