Page 478 of 505 FirstFirst ... 378 428 468 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 488 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5048

Thread: The official Status Update Thread #213......The thread with no name.

User Info Menu

Goooooood Morning INGO......
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

Dads against daughters dating.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
    Having had both guns, I'll tell you that the aluminum receiver 88 (Mossberg) will let you know when you tough off a slug. Much more so than the steel receiver 870 does. Having said that, I love my Mossbergs (as you know) and would chose it over the Remington. But, it has to fit you and feel right for you. If it doesn't it will fight you and put the hurting on you. The Mossberg/Maverick fits me.
    Thd 88 I have is a pre 90. Only got it because of the Leopold varix scope on it. Plus it came with ammo lol. I've got an 1100 lt20 that I used a few years back for turkey and my wife has an 870 20ga. Both Rem and Moss fit fine I think I just towards Rem since the 1100 was given to me by my grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by wingrider1800 View Post
    There is an 870 with a rifled barrel in the classies. Have you considered a legal rifle caliber instead of a shotgun?
    I would have to buy another gun lol. Once I settle on my deer shotgun I'll be back to surfing to expand my 3rd gen S&W collection. I've got most of the common models covered it's the uncommon and rare ones that cost more. I'd like to find those in 90% or better condition.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Goooooood Morning 1775....
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

User Info Menu

Morning Sam
    Someday, I hope to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1775usmarine View Post
    Thd 88 I have is a pre 90. Only got it because of the Leopold varix scope on it. Plus it came with ammo lol. I've got an 1100 lt20 that I used a few years back for turkey and my wife has an 870 20ga. Both Rem and Moss fit fine I think I just towards Rem since the 1100 was given to me by my grandpa.

I would have to buy another gun lol. Once I settle on my deer shotgun I'll be back to surfing to expand my 3rd gen S&W collection. I've got most of the common models covered it's the uncommon and rare ones that cost more. I'd like to find those in 90% or better condition.
    Sound like you need to pull the scope off the 88, sell it and go all in with the Remingtons. There is a value in having the same platform/brand of firearms. At least that is how I view things like that, but then again I have an OCD behavior toward that

User Info Menu

Need to try to sleep. Nite to anyone still up

User Info Menu

Goooooood Morning Bear...
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

User Info Menu

Morning Sam, and Nite Bear.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
    Sound like you need to pull the scope off the 88, sell it and go all in with the Remingtons. There is a value in having the same platform/brand of firearms. At least that is how I view things like that, but then again I have an OCD behavior toward that
    That would be the plan. The 88 would be familiar safety wise though the single side action bar if it were to fail could be a pain to hunt down.

User Info Menu