• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To the moon... no, to Mars... er no...to the middle east!!!!

https://www.military.com/daily-news...of-space-force-just-deployed-middle-east.html

Really?!?!
    Oh yeah, there was a Joint Space Cell at the CAOC (Combined Forces Air and Space Operations Center) when I was there back in 2005. IIRC I worked on the package that stood it up.

The DIRSPACEFOR (Director of Space Forces) didn't report to the CFACC (Combined Forces Air Component Commander) but was there to coordinate Space assets required at the CAOC.

The DIRMOBFOR (Director of Mobility Forces) played the same role for heavy airlift/sea-lift.

Now I remember! I was coordinating the staffing package for the Joint Space Cell back in 2005. Somewhere buried in about paragraph six was the sentence something like, "CFACC has reviewed this proposal and concurs." Not too often I could just call up a Colonel, but this was one of those times. The conversation went something like, "Sir this is Sergeant KellyinAvon at CENTAF A1 Manpower and Organization... the 3-Star is already on-board with this? He is? I think we should lead with that, sir. That's who everybody reviewing this works for!"

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I still don't know why they didn't just create a Space Command in the existing Air Force. But I'm no expert.
    I would think nasa and space x would be better to establish space command and then later figure out how to integrate them into AF or keep them their own entity using some AF retired commamders to build up the command hierarchy
    They would be so fundamentally different in the challenges they delat with (or could be) i would think they would want want a unique trained heirarchy.. jmo.. no real military experience beyond private sector

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I dont see why they just dont call the marines Navy since they're under department of the Navy but hey I digress :):
    I remember the joke , marine was a acronym that was "mostly arrive in navy equipment" lol .. I don't remember if it was someone in this thread that told me but when they told me it has started me questioning marines and that is because their oath is to the president and not the people and constitution... that makes me wonder if that could cause a conflict if hell were to break loose. Like in the declaration of independence it states only legitimate government is one with consent of the people.. so if civil war ever broke out could that lead to other branches fighting the marines?

Don't take that out of context.. its only a "what if" that I wonder where the marines stand. Would they obey a rouge tyrannical president since they are sworn to serve the president?

Any marines or retired feel free to correct me and educate me on this. I admit my ignorance on the topic and am willing, infact eager to know the reality.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My son, a career Airman has put in for officer duty in the Space Force. He is also in for OTS in the regular AF. He said whichever one kicks off first is the one he will go with.

With the Space Force though he knows where he will most likely be stationed. Regular AF, not so much.:)

Top Bottom