www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ... at night.

So apparently there is a positive side effect to Covid19. Due to the pandemic, McDonalds stopped serving breakfast outside of the normal breakfast hours to make it easier to operate. Now they have announced it may become permanent. They are currently evaluating whether they want to go back to all day breakfast, or stick with the old way they recently re-adopted.

For many franchise owners, this is a GREAT thing. Back when corporate announced the all day breakfast menu, many owners cried foul because it made their operation more difficult and cut into their profits because it created more work for the workers. It effectively doubled the menu because they couldnt switch back and forth anymore between menus. So at least there is that good thing. (unless you like breakfast for dinner)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I refuse to cast any food into such categories.*

There's nothing wrong with eating oatmeal at 10pm or cake at 8am. I plan on making omelets for dinner tonight.

* Except McDonalds & Taco Bell - I cast that crap as garbage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was one of the loudest voices back in the day yelling that McDonald's should serve breakfast all day. Since they made the switch I've ordered breakfast sandwiches after 10:30 am exactly once.

I eat there so infrequently that I hadn't even realized they went back to the old schedule.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I thought you would be talking about how you'd elected to stop eating breakfast for a newly discovered reason.

Since C19, I've begun to eat breakfast every day for the first time in my adult life. 1 hard-boiled egg, 2 - 3 strips of precooked bacon reheated (seems to be less greasy somehow), toast with butter. Sometimes a bowl of cereal with all that.

I've actually lost 8 lbs since spring. The OG and I are also walking 3 - 4 miles a day, 3 - 4 days a week.

/thread highjack

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't eat at McDonalds but Culvers, McAlisters and Five Guys are all true 50% error rates. I usually repeat the order for something they've screwed up before and they still get it wrong.
    But I like the food so I still go back (hangs head in shame).

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I pretty much hate McDonalds nowadays. We were at one in Ohio when they first allowed online orders. We waited 15 minutes for an egg mcmuffin because my walk in order was behind all the people who ordered online and still hadn't arrived. We got a refund and left.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Where, sir, do you place bacon?!
    All depends on how it is served. With eggs and toast, perhaps hash browns, then breakfast. If on a BLT or on top of a cheeseburger, then lunch or supper. Just plain back with nothing else, then it could be a snack or appetizer.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    they differently dont need more work, they cant get the orders right now. ordered a double quarter pounder. got a single. payed for a single. special tag said double on the single box. took it in and he said it was rang up wrong till i showed him the tag. or they forget to give u food [happens way too often]. or makes drinks wrong [receipt was right] they mess up simple orders way to often and are way way to slow.

as for breakfast food all day what they sell all day is not what i want. i do miss there biscuit and gravy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I pretty much hate McDonalds nowadays. We were at one in Ohio when they first allowed online orders. We waited 15 minutes for an egg mcmuffin because my walk in order was behind all the people who ordered online and still hadn't arrived. We got a refund and left.
    Wendy's does the online thing right. I can place my order from home, be at the store in 5 minutes and it's ready for me. Taco Bell on the other hand is worthless. Oh sure they take your order, but they don't start making it until you get there. So what's the advantage to ordering online? :scratch: Now I just go inside and put my order in at the kiosk. I'm better at special instructions than most of their order takers are. I'll order a steak burrito supreme and most of them just stare at the register until they give up and go get a manager. Easier for me to do it myself.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Culver's fish dinner is my go to favorite.

I have never been to a Culvers, have always heard they were good.

My father-in-law went to Culvers, had the fish, walked out to his car and passed away in their parking lot. It had nothing to do with Culvers or their fish but the wife and I have no plans to go anytime soon.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    as for breakfast food all day what they sell all day is not what i want. i do miss there biscuit and gravy.

McDonalds has the best biscuits and gravy. There is a McDonalds along I-75 south of Dayton Ohio which still serves the biscuits and gravy. Not sure why all the locations do not.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    From a consumer's perspective, I don't really see that as a positive side effect. If I pull up to the menu I want as many options as possible. That being said, I don't eat at McDonalds anymore because their order accuracy is terrible. I've had several orders wrong but the final straw was when I ordered a 6 piece tenders meal. That's pretty hard to screw up, right? I even checked the box and sure enough it was clearly labeled 6 pieces. So we got home and sat down to eat, I opened up the box and there's only 5 tenders inside. I'm not sure what kind of qualifications are required to work there but maybe they should consider giving the applicants a Pre-K math test at least :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I couldn't care less on whether or not they have all day breakfast. What I would like is being able to get a burger before 10:00am. I used to work nights and it sucked big time to get off work and not being able to get anything besides breakfast stuff. Get off work and be worn out and hungry and all a person can get is rubbery pancakes and greasy eggs. :xmad: Local tavern would throw a burger on the grill for you but you'd better have half an hour to wait 'cause breakfast takes precedence.

Yeah, yeah first world problems.

Top Bottom