• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    So, I now have a squirrel in my attic. He chewed through the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] story facia board and is going in and out every morning. I would like to chase him out of there before I have someone repair the damaged boards. Any suggestions?
    I have tried playing owl sounds and barking dog sounds in the house near the spot where I hear him, but that does not seem to have worked. Any other ideas?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have used a 22 short in a bolt action rifle to take down coons in the rafters.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    So, I now have a squirrel in my attic. He chewed through the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] story facia board and is going in and out every morning. I would like to chase him out of there before I have someone repair the damaged boards. Any suggestions?
    I have tried playing owl sounds and barking dog sounds in the house near the spot where I hear him, but that does not seem to have worked. Any other ideas?
    Put a cat up there assuming its not to hot.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some city municipalities will remove wildlife if it's in your home. You might make a call to the animal control in Fishers.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you have the ability to get to the fascia board just watch for it to exit and staple some hardware cloth over the hole until you can get it changed

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    If you want a decaying squirrel corpse...and possible squirrel ghost....

Gross short story: I had a mouse get a single leg trapped in a spring trap and apparently claw his way with the trap about 60 feet from where I placed the trap. I found him 3 years later while moving some furniture. Never noticed any smell and he didn't really even decompose much. Just sort of dried up a bit. I also can't believe either of those things, but they're both true.

In an attic? I wouldn't sorry about it... though haunting is a serious risk.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Destructive little tree rats. Pop him/trap him and pop him but in the end pop him. He must like the attic and will find a way back in there. Had a neighbor and a lady I know experience the same thing. Waited for it to leave and covered the hole. They just made new ones.

Pop it.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I have screwed rat traps around the hole and baited them with peanut butter, catching it for human consumption. I have also live trapped them for human consumption. I have also, on single story openings, slanted a sapling or long limb against the house for a squirrel ramp. Then I screw a rat trap or two to the sapling and bait it with peanut butter. Catching it for human consumption.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    We had a squirrel chew through a fascia board and settle in over our garage. One day I saw him exit the hole and I covered it with a board. A couple days later he began chewing another hole. I contacted the local authorities and learned I would be violating a local law or ordinance if I shot it with a pellet gun. I placed a trap at the base of a tall bush the squirrel used to access the roof. Got it with peanut butter.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    So he poked his head out the other morning and saw me standing there with a pellet gun and quickly retreated. I sent a couple pellets through the opening to show him I was serious.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Voices scream
    Nothing's seen
    Real's a dream

Squirrels, squirrels, squirrels in the attic

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Voices scream
    Nothing's seen
    Real's a dream

I don't know who you've been talkin' to, but squirrels aren't toys.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have screwed rats around the hole and baited them with peanut butter, catching it for human consumption. I have also live trapped them for human consumption. I have also, on single story openings, slanted a sapling or long limb against the house for a squirrel ramp. Then I screw a rat trap or two to the sapling and bait it with peanut butter. Catching it for human consumption.
    ...k this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its deceptively simple. I did this for my mom with the SAME problem.

In the AM, get up early so you dont sweat your balls off. Post a sentry outside to watch the hole.

Take up a board big enough to cover the hole from the inside. Or hardware cloth or something you can put up quick, just something portable.

Go up into your attic and make lots of noise as you go. He needs to know you are coming way ahead of time so he can make his way toward the exit.

Once you are up there, you may want to optionally have somebody plug the access hole so you dont end up with him IN your house.

Search around making plenty of noise to make sure it leaves the way it came in. If you can find the nest, even better. (I had to get within 10' of her to get her to run)

Once you have confirmed its out by either not finding it, or your spotter yelling that its gone, plug up the hole from the inside first to make sure it cant sneak back in. Then patch the hole properly so it looks pretty from the outside.

Top Bottom