• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I have a 2018 Charger, which came with factory navigation installed on the head unit. Everything else with the system was working great, but my navigation wouldn't load. So I tried a factory reset on the radio. Now the Nav icon disappeared. Can't find it anywhere. Any tricks to this?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I have a 2018 Charger, which came with factory navigation installed on the head unit. Everything else with the system was working great, but my navigation wouldn't load. So I tried a factory reset on the radio. Now the Nav icon disappeared. Can't find it anywhere. Any tricks to this?
    Its most likely a firmware bug.. check with dodge dealer and see if there is a new firmware release.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sorry I can't help, but whatever you do, do NOT take it to Palmer Dodge for a fix. Every single time my Dak went in to them for anything, it suspiciously popped up a new and non-warranty problem within a couple weeks. Never again. Thankfully that truck got exchanged for a Toyota. No more problems.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not sure.....but I do know on some cars a reset will require inputing a theft code to get everything working

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Sorry I can't help, but whatever you do, do NOT take it to Palmer Dodge for a fix. Every single time my Dak went in to them for anything, it suspiciously popped up a new and non-warranty problem within a couple weeks. Never again. Thankfully that truck got exchanged for a Toyota. No more problems.

It was a certified pre-owned from Tom O'Brien, so guess I'll have to take it to them

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Yeah, I figure I'll call the dealer about it. Never tried to use it, but getting ready for a trip and thought it would be nice. Just thought maybe someone had a trick before I did the dealer hassle

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Yeah, I figure I'll call the dealer about it. Never tried to use it, but getting ready for a trip and thought it would be nice. Just thought maybe someone had a trick before I did the dealer hassle
    There is a reset on those but I think you said you already tried that? Maybe give it another try?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wouldn't buy it again, but you could still call the number they give and perhaps get a quick tip!

Tried all that before I posted. Doesn't have the VP3 Nav option in there, and shouldn't need to buy. It's shenanigans

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, I find Google maps to be more accurate and less stupid. Plug your phone into the car and use android auto. If you have an iPhone, they have an app as well.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Got my Taco from O'Brien Toyota--great people. I've been 100% happy with service there every time it's gone in for anything.

They haven't done me wrong yet, just hoping I can convince them not to charge me for whatever the fix is since it didn't work when I bought it and I never had a use for it.

Although, upon further inspection, other apps besides the navigation are missing since the reset too. Those who said its a software update/bug are probably right, even though Uconnect's website says there isn't and update for it over factory.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I haven't looked, but I'd bet there are Dodge Charger specific forums out there on the interweb? I know with my Fords, any tiny detail you might want to know is duplicated on two or three or more car specific forums. Sometimes it works best to play around with your Google search terms to get to the specifics.

Please let us know how this turns out, if you find the answer elsewhere. :ingo:

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I haven't looked, but I'd bet there are Dodge Charger specific forums out there on the interweb? I know with my Fords, any tiny detail you might want to know is duplicated on two or three or more car specific forums. Sometimes it works best to play around with your Google search terms to get to the specifics.

Please let us know how this turns out, if you find the answer elsewhere. :ingo:

There are, and I already looked. No help there. Lots of info for older models, not so much for this year and up.

Top Bottom