Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flagpole - What to buy?

User Info Menu

Flagpole - What to buy?

We'd like to put a decent sized flagpole at our new house to support flying 2 flags at the same time. I figured there are several folks here who have flagpoles on their property and wanted to get your input. I live out in the country so there's no restrictions, HOAs or that kind of thing. I'm going to be putting this about 500' from the road so something short and thing is probably not going to be seen well from the road.

Are there flagpole vendors that you prefer or that I should stay away from?
    Is there a height preference for the pole? It'll be about 500' from the road and clearly visible.
    Size of pole for strength to hold two flags, material thickness, etc.?
    Some poles go down in bad weather, is this recommended or just a gimmick?

What else should I be considering when picking a flagpole?

Thanks !
    Mike

(I did some searching of the forum and found several older threads so wanted to start something more recent.)

User Info Menu

My brother had an outfit called Rocket Enterprise out of Warren, MI come out and install one at his place about a year and a half ago. 25' brushed satin pole and complete install ran him $1135. I'm planning to buy from them based on his experience but will install it myself to save some money.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I'm looking to get one as well. Thinking 30'.
    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    My brother had an outfit called Rocket Enterprise out of Warren, MI come out and install one at his place about a year and a half ago. 25' brushed satin pole and complete install ran him $1135. I'm planning to buy from them based on his experience but will install it myself to save some money.
    How much are you saving by installing yourself, if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I have had a telescoping flagpole from Uncommon USA that has held up very well. I have had mine for 20 years, and even the residential version can fly two flags. (I do it all the time - US flag and Gadsden flag). Uncommon USA has a commercial version that would Seemingly fit your needs.

I do not live in the country, do have a HOA but find that I like to take down the flagpole in inclement weather as well. Their website is here: https://www.uncommonflagpoles.com/co...flagpoles.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carmelbythecorn View Post
    I have had a telescoping flagpole from Uncommon USA that has held up very well. They have commercial versions that would fit your needs.

I do not live in the country, do have a HOA but find that I like to take down the flagpole in inclement weather as well. Their website is here: https://www.uncommonflagpoles.com/co...flagpoles.html
    That's what I have. Installed it myself on a Saturday morning. Has a solar light at the top. Quality piece.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pjcalla View Post
    I'm looking to get one as well. Thinking 30'.
    How much are you saving by installing yourself, if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    He paid $510 for the install.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carmelbythecorn View Post
    I have had a telescoping flagpole from Uncommon USA that has held up very well. I have had mine for 20 years, and even the residential version can fly two flags. (I do it all the time - US flag and Gadsden flag). Uncommon USA has a commercial version that would Seemingly fit your needs.

Are you flying two 3x5 flags or a different size? I just don't want to overload the flagpole.

Mike

User Info Menu

carrot top .com is the best for the money.
    NRA Life / Endowment Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike45 View Post
    carrot top .com is the best for the money.
    https://carrot-top.com/flagpoles-sets

Adding the URL for anyone following along or searching in the future.

Mike

User Info Menu

I have a 35 foot pole (31 foot visible), bought it used cause it was originally a 40 foot pole that the original owner snapped 4 foot aboved base from excessive wind load.

Things you must consider, will you be flying 2-3x5's, or 1 -3x5 & and 4x6 or 5x8.

Just to give a insight, my pole got slightly bent from flying a 5x8 U.S. flag and a 3x5 Indiana State Flag from a 70mph wing gust that also snapped a 20 foot
    telescoping pole. I now fly a 4x6 and a 3x5, and my telescopic pole no longer has a flag on it, but I have wireless 3n1 weather station on it (wind speed/temp/humidity).

I bought my pole from Triple AAA Specialties, for $1000 back in 2004, it is anchored in a 4 foot PVC Schedule 80 tube in concrete, the pole is placed in the tube and packed/filled with sand to keep the pole in place.

It was placed in sand so that if the pole needs to be serviced or leveled vertically again (like mine being slightly bent) it can be done with very little trouble. BTW, Triple AAA came out about 2 months ago, took the pole out, replaced my halyard rope because it was broke, re-installed the pole and corrected the kilter from the slight bend for only $100.00
    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast