• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I tried to google it, but could not find anything. I have a '99 Ford Ranger as my "woods truck". I bought it in Feb. 2002. It's original purchase date was fall of '98. Both key fobs still work and I have never replaced the batteries. That has to be some kind of a record. That's 22 years! Can anyone else beat that?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    88 toyota pick up, it won't ever need them changed changed

That is impressive though. I just bought an '18 vw. Its already asking for batteries in both fobs.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I hate to one up you, but I have a ‘98 chevy 3500. It was the father in laws truck, and he’s been gone over 10 years now. I’ve never replaced the battery, so, I’m guessing it’s original. :dunno:

I've replaced the batteries in the truck a couple times.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I hate to one up you, but I have a ‘98 chevy 3500. It was the father in laws truck, and he’s been gone over 10 years now. I’ve never replaced the battery, so, I’m guessing it’s original. :dunno:

I've replaced the batteries in the truck a couple times.

Anything is possible, but the factory fob batteries in my Dad's 95 1500 died for the first time around 2005-ish. By that clock, you may have gotten the truck with nearly new fob batteries. The last time I saw my Dad get in his truck the fob was only working from about 8 feet away so he's getting close again too.

In fact... that's a good stocking stuffer idea. New fob batteries for his aging fleet.

Top Bottom