Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE

GLUEMAN WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TOMORROW. WE CAN STILL MEET UP FOR EATS IF YOU WISH.

Members attending.

Hoosierdood
    Bluepig
    Glueman
    Bigtanker +1
    Expat
    Maxwellhse (shoot only)
    Challenger76 ????
    Actaeon

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15TH AT 3:00 PM EST.

Place: Elkhart Rifle & Pistol Club 325 Oakwood Ave, Elkhart, IN 46514

It's been quite a while since we've had a get together for the Northern part of the state. So I figured I'd start to see if there is enough interest to have one.

Location would be St. Joe, Elkhart, Marshall county. Up for suggestions on a place. We did our last one at Polieto's in S.B./ Mishawaka. They have a room in the back for groups.

Days would probably be Saturday, Sunday or Monday but that is up for discussion too. I work Tues-Fri nights so it's tough for me to do much those days.

Date wise, I'm thinking the end of October, beginning of November.

So let's start throwing some ideas out and see what sticks.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm down for whatever if I'm in town.

Somewhere, end of October, first of November I'll be gone for week.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How far “up North” are we talking here??

Id make a trip to the Essenhause in the middle of a blizzard while being chased by a tornado.

You got worse weather up there!

Those clouds over your town yesterday were insane. Black as sin yet nay a drop of rain.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I could check with the Elkhart Rifle and Pistol Club to see if we could block off a couple hours of Range time. I would present it as luring in new members :whistle:

Calahans is close by and ok with open carry. The range also has tables in the foyer / meeting area that we could eat some pizza.

Let me know your thoughts and I’ll ask the board for approval for us to have the range for 2-3 hours

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I could check with the Elkhart Rifle and Pistol Club to see if we could block off a couple hours of Range time. I would present it as luring in new members :whistle:

Calahans is close by and ok with open carry. The range also has tables in the foyer / meeting area that we could eat some pizza.

Let me know your thoughts and I’ll ask the board for approval for us to have the range for 2-3 hours

Ok. That's cool. Callahan's is good eats

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sounds good to me, GMZ. If we could turn that into an ad-hoc club meeting for we newbs to begin down the road to membership, even better... even if the board would prefer it remain a cold range since we're all strangers.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The one Glueman is referring to, I think, is pistol and Rimfire only. But I'm not 100% on that. I've only been there once.

I'm not a member and have never been there, but their website states no F/A. Yes, pistol and .22 only (no .17HMR). Looks like anything from .44mag on down is allowed. No 500, no .50AE.

https://www.elkhartrifleandpistolclub.com/rules.html

I've been wanting to check that place out for awhile and if GMZ can arrange it as one the 2 required meetings for a membership, then all the better. If enough of us join they'll have the cash to put in the F/A backstop! :rockwoot::laugh:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Sounds good to me, GMZ. If we could turn that into an ad-hoc club meeting for we newbs to begin down the road to membership, even better... even if the board would prefer it remain a cold range since we're all strangers.

Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of pull to get the INGO meet and eat to count as a required meeting to join. The Oct monthly meeting is tomorrow night at 7:30. I could possibly attend the meeting if anybody is wanting to join. It requires two sponsors and attend two consecutive meetings.

Top Bottom