Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Costco, Sams Club, Pay to shop??

User Info Menu

Costco, Sams Club, Pay to shop??

We are talking about joining Costco. We have a friend that works there and she tells my wife how much the membership fee is worth it. They have items that you don't see elsewhere and better prices than supermarkets. My wife is more sold on this than I am. I kind of have an issue with paying a membership fee for the privilege of shopping in their store. Just wondering how many ingo members are costco or sams members. Is it worth the yearly fee?

User Info Menu

Costco member. I use their rewards credit card for my costco purchases since I didn't have a Visa before that and you have to use either a visa, cash or a debit card there. The rewards card, plus some of the other great items they have (and the do run sales each month, plus have seasonal items, etc) have made it very worthwhile for me. They have a good meat selection, we buy our paper products there, as well as laundry and cleaning items and some other regular items. After a while you get an idea of the frequency that some of the items you like are on sale.

Also great prices on TVs, and other electronics.

Some other items are cheaper at other places.

We always get our $ out of our membership.

You can visit the store (just tell them your are going in for a membership and then take a look around).

I was a Sam's member many years ago and haven't been there in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I do Costco and BJ's... Its not often I go into a store, I order online alot for myself and two sons.
    I will say, watch your pricing. Some things are not that good of a deal.

Marksman

User Info Menu

We've bought 2 big tvs and a laptop there, also 1800sq ft of LVP flooring there. We both drive a lot and their gas prices are typically $.20 or more less per gallon. Water, TP, paper towels, 36 packs of Miller Lite!, great booze and wine selection, the seasonal items, and the manufacturer's rebates on certain items weekly .ore than make it worth it. Get the Black membership card, more rebates think. We get a rewards check back that is greater than our membership price, so it works in our favor. Meat selection is typically great, just smoke 16lbs of pork shoulder from there last weekend, $25 I think. I vote yes!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

We shop enough in Sams club that we get our membership fee plus back every year and yes they have bulk packaging that we do not see elsewhere. We are considering Costco this next go round.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Costco member here. I echo WebSnyper. While some things are in bulk and you may question whether itís overkill for you or not, my family of four does great on the TP, paper towels, wipes, etc., and other bulk items for prep supplies. Electronics are at great prices (two laptops, two iPhones and two TVs later) and as mentioned, gas is cheaper by a bit. Their pharmacy and optometrist are great, along with their warranty plans for glasses and hearing aids. Some cool stuff like $100 gift cards for $75 is handy too!

But the piŤce de rťsistance? Rotisserie chicken. Your significant other wants one, seriously.

You can either buy them one rose for $5.99, or you can buy them a whole rotisserie chicken, thatís all Iím saying. Choose wisely.

User Info Menu

FYI - If you join either of these through Groupon, your first year ends up being pretty much free. You join at a discounted rate, sometimes get a $$ card to use plus coupons for free stuff. When we did it, we got a $20 or $30 cash card and coupons for a free 18 roll pack of paper towels and a couple of other fairly pricey items. They weren't all things we normally bought, but we got them anyway and enjoyed something different. I watch pricing and buy the things that I find to be good deals. We don't go often since ours is 40 miles away but we do stock up enough when we go to make it worth it. Costco has excellent prices online for some items. We get my grandson's diapers much cheaper than thru Walmart or other stores and they ship them at no extra cost. The Groupon only works for a new membership so it won't let you renew on one of their deals.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    FYI - If you join either of these through Groupon, your first year ends up being pretty much free. You join at a discounted rate, sometimes get a $$ card to use plus coupons for free stuff. When we did it, we got a $20 or $30 cash card and coupons for a free 18 roll pack of paper towels and a couple of other fairly pricey items. They weren't all things we normally bought, but we got them anyway and enjoyed something different. I watch pricing and buy the things that I find to be good deals. We don't go often since ours is 40 miles away but we do stock up enough when we go to make it worth it. Costco has excellent prices online for some items. We get my grandson's diapers much cheaper than thru Walmart or other stores and they ship them at no extra cost. The Groupon only works for a new membership so it won't let you renew on one of their deals.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Costco
    We'd be Costco Members but closest store is 2+ hrs away. Sam's Club member for many years. IMO Sam's has gone downhill, not sparkling, dimly lit. We still buy a lot, get the Cheaper Gas and Spend many Dollars their Monthly. Costco store is Cleaner, Brighter, seems to have higher end items than Sam's. Family belongs to Costco, so we visit once or twice a year. Wife is Amazon Prime and now Wal-Mart is going to Charge a yearly Fee for their premium on-line. Personally, I like to see the item before purchase but with COVID PANIC it is easier to have it Delivered to our door. Sadly, Competition from small Business is Disappearing. I'd leave Sam's IF Costco had a Store in the Region.
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

User Info Menu

When the kids were in diapers, we had a Costco membership. It was definitely worth it for that, as well as other things. Whole bean coffee was usually a good deal, too. My wife signed up for Sam's Club during the spring shutdown but she uses it for free shipping of online orders. Haven't been in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast