Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

  1. #61
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    I stopped watching 40 years ago when they threw the rule book away.

  2. #62
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    We should give the NBA some credit. They have actually managed to achieve equality.

    Their ratings are now on par with the WNBA.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  3. #63
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    We should give the NBA some credit. They have actually managed to achieve equality.

    Their ratings are now on par with the WNBA.
    If they keep it up, they just might close the wage gap too!

  4. #64
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Talking about all NFL, NBA MLB whatever, they don't seem to grasp the idea that fans in the stands or watching are the ones responsible for their salary's. Jim.

  5. #65
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    Talking about all NFL, NBA MLB whatever, they don't seem to grasp the idea that fans in the stands or watching are the ones responsible for their salary's. Jim.
    They may not care. The NFL, MLB, and NBA are the most financially successful leagues on the planet.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  6. #66
    Grandmaster Dirtebiker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    They may not care. The NFL, MLB, and NBA are the most financially successful leagues on the planet.
    They’ll start caring soon!

  7. #67
    Midnight Rider

    User Info Menu

    Were the most successful leagues on the planet.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  8. #68
    Master Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtebiker View Post
    They’ll start caring soon!
    Exactly. Those salary’s can’t sustain their worth if the league is no longer bringing in the money it was. It’s not just fans in the seats, it’s viewership ratings that entice advertisers to pay for commercials during their games. Lower ratings = less demand for advertisers = cheaper advertising = less money coming into the league. There are a few teams that may not struggle as much to draw ratings, but the other teams will definitely be impacted, which will lead to the more popular teams that aren’t heavily impacted having more funds for higher salaries, meaning they’ll get the bigger name players, therefor making games even more boring since they’ll be the dominant team, causing even less viewership.

    They screwed themselves and I couldn’t be happier about it.
    INGO’s bacon hater.

  9. #69
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    New all time low for viewers for the final NBA championship game. I guess I am not the only one not watching.

  10. #70
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Exactly. Those salary’s can’t sustain their worth if the league is no longer bringing in the money it was. It’s not just fans in the seats, it’s viewership ratings that entice advertisers to pay for commercials during their games. Lower ratings = less demand for advertisers = cheaper advertising = less money coming into the league. There are a few teams that may not struggle as much to draw ratings, but the other teams will definitely be impacted, which will lead to the more popular teams that aren’t heavily impacted having more funds for higher salaries, meaning they’ll get the bigger name players, therefor making games even more boring since they’ll be the dominant team, causing even less viewership.

    They screwed themselves and I couldn’t be happier about it.
    Just want to add one more thing, get rid of cable (directTV etc.). $7-$10 bucks of your cable bill becomes billions, goes to ESPN, who gives it to the leagues. So even if you do not watch, it's not ratings that support them in the biggest way, it is cable bill money...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •