Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

Plinker

User Info Menu

Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCINDIANA View Post
    It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.
    And us as well.

If I want to watch a group of loud mouth thugs beating on each other I know a few places they gather.
    I understand the NBA is finally seeing that those with white privilege's are the ticket buyers by a huge margin. Same ones that are not tuning in.

If they shriveled up and faded away no real lose save for all the support people and businesses that rely on the crowds.

But wait, there are no crowds.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Mark Cuban tried the excuse that people are illegally streaming games so it reflects on viewership.

Uh, this is 2020, not 2000. Weíve been streaming for 10 years now. It isnít new. They were streaming just as much in 2019 as they are in 2020. With that big of a percentage lost, someone like him should know it isnít from streaming. I havenít watched a single highlight all year. Same with nascar and nfl, not a single second has went to anything they do now.
    INGOís bacon hater.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Mark Cuban tried the excuse that people are illegally streaming games so it reflects on viewership.

Uh, this is 2020, not 2000. Weíve been streaming for 10 years now. It isnít new. They were streaming just as much in 2019 as they are in 2020. With that big of a percentage lost, someone like him should know it isnít from streaming. I havenít watched a single highlight all year. Same with nascar and nfl, not a single second has went to anything they do now.
    When I am scanning the channels and know the games/races etc are on I skip over them. Not even a blink of a rating. NADA.

Play the games and drive the cars people.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

This is the first time that the NBA finals have gone up against the NFL and the MLB postseason. Lots of sports fans typically watch all three of those, but now people have to choose.

There's probably something to people being turned off by the politics of players, but that's really not any newer than the pirate streaming.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post

To be fair, NASCAR was in self-destruct mode long before they got woke. I could go on, but it just makes me sad to think about it.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblaster View Post
    To be fair, NASCAR was in self-destruct mode long before they got woke. I could go on, but it just makes me sad to think about it.
    Ever since Dale left this Mortal plan and those idiotic Morons hung the car of tomorrow on us yes. They have been in a death spiral.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Internet...Serious Business!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Ever since Dale left this Mortal plan and those idiotic Morons hung the car of tomorrow on us yes. They have been in a death spiral.
    For my wife, NASCAR died with Dale.

NASCAR was a family event for us. It was a great time when we'd watch it together, my kids being young and having their favorite drivers, and napping next to me on the couch when we watched it. You probably have a few Lego pieces of Jeff Gordon's cars from when my second-oldest was young.

The one-size-fits-all template is what really killed it for me. No more "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". They eliminated the manufacturers and models from the race. How can you argue Chevy vs. Ford when they fit the same template? Might as well have just called it IROC at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I liked IROC for what it was, but I didn't want NASCAR to turn into IROC.

Ok, you've got me started on this, and I'm going to try to stop now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    This is the first time that the NBA finals have gone up against the NFL and the MLB postseason. Lots of sports fans typically watch all three of those, but now people have to choose.

There's probably something to people being turned off by the politics of players, but that's really not any newer than the pirate streaming.
    Ya, except NBA plays in the middle of the week a lot of times, and the only other sport that does it MLB... and believe me, as a lifelong baseball fan, baseball ratings arenít close to NBA finals. World Series is different of course, but regular season baseball doesnít do well
    INGOís bacon hater.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast