• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    we went today and loved every minute of it. we arranged a private tour through their website a d were shown around by former SEALs.

they have some very interesting artifacts and displays there. if you are ever near ft Pierce FL, take a half day and go here. Get the private tour. "Special Access Program".

it was $125 for four of us and we were each given a shirt, wife and I got drinking glasses and kids got a coin also. the merch was about as valuable as the cost of the tour. plus we bought additional shirts to support them.

http://www.navysealmuseum.com/

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    also, they have two trained dogs and did a demo for us. The boys were allowed to take them over some obstacles and issue them commands. they loved it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That sounds like something I need to do. If I ever get back to Florida. Thanks for the link.

the museum link or best bars in Hampstead?

you can talk explosives with them. seems they love 'em :rockwoot:

apparently I got a coin also. I can guarantee our swag bags were worth more in their retail shop than we paid for entrance

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Chief "Patches" Watson was a Hoosier and former curator of the museum. He had a nice ranch south of Indy. One of the founding fathers of the original SEAL team during the 'nam. Nice guy...just don't try to out-drink him. RIP Chief!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That sounds like a blast.

I have been excited to go to the Marine Corps museum in Quantico since the kids moved there. Unfortunately it's been closed for the 'Rona every time we've visited.:rolleyes:

I guess they have recently opened back up, so maybe next time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That would be cool. I don't see me getting to Florida anytime in the near or distant future, but if I do, I'll try to see it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    LOVED that museum as a kid growing up, my father took me and I still remember it very well. The lifeboat from the Pirate incident was super cool as was Richard Marcinkos S&W revolver was on display from when he stepped down from ST6.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    the museum link or best bars in Hampstead?

you can talk explosives with them. seems they love 'em :rockwoot:

apparently I got a coin also. I can guarantee our swag bags were worth more in their retail shop than we paid for entrance

The museum. Not much of a bar person. Maybe someday I'll get down there to visit and talk shop with them. And new swag is always good.

Top Bottom