• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Early voting here in SC started today. Polls opened at 10 so I slid in there about noon. Good crowd for sure and poll workers said there was quite a long line at 10. After doing my civic duty I noticed something on the way out. I really feel bad I didn't see it before breaking the ordinance. So what shall I do now? :ingo:

sign.jpg

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Early voting here in SC started today. Polls opened at 10 so I slid in there about noon. Good crowd for sure and poll workers said there was quite a long line at 10. After doing my civic duty I noticed something on the way out. I really feel bad I didn't see it before breaking the ordinance. So what shall I do now? :ingo:

View attachment 92232

Since their sign appears to violate state law, I would ignore it and go about my day. Oh, and thanks for exercising your right to vote.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

View attachment 92232

I know a guy who settled with St. Joseph County for an undisclosed amount of money for doing this exact thing during the 2012 election. Who wants to make some money?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since their sign appears to violate state law, I would ignore it and go about my day. Oh, and thanks for exercising your right to vote.

I'd send them an email and quote the preemption statute and tell them they are opening up the town and therefore the tax payers to liability and that they should remove the sign. Worked well for me when I did the same with the parks director here in Avon and Washington township several years ago. The signs were quickly altered to remove the wording that caused liability risk.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Looks like the lawyers were called in around 2011.

3.17.010 Definitions. As used in this Ordinance the terms "Weapon" includes, but is notlimited to, any of the following:
    (1) "Deadly weapon" as defined by I.C. §35-41-1-8.
    (2) [Repealed by Ord. 2011-06, Sept. 12, 2011]
    (3) "Electric stun weapon" as defined by I.C. §35-47-8-1.
    (4) "Stun gun" as defined by I.C. §35-47-8-2.
    (5) "Taser" as defined by I.C. §35-47-8-3.
    (6) "Destructive Device" as defined by I.C. §35-47-5-2-4.
    (7) "Weapon of Mass Destruction" as defined by I.C. §35-41-1-29-4.
    (8) Any other object that in the manner in which it is used, or could ordinarily be used,or is intended to be used, is readily capable of causing serious bodily injury, asdefined by I.C. §35-41-1-25. (Ord. 2005-04)

3.17.015 Exceptions. The definitions set forth in Section 3.17.10 shall not apply to any weaponwhich is a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition, as defined by Indiana law. (Ord. 2011-06)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    My wife and I voted here in Adams county about 15 minutes before they closed at 4:30pm. We were the only ones there and were in and out in probably less than 10 minutes.

We did hear the poll workers talking about how busy they have been in general and today was the slowest day they have had since opening early voting.

I am glad to hear people are getting involved in their government. It is sad that it took a year of craziness on multiple levels for that to happen.

Top Bottom